Chapter 5

Chapter five:

Hi all, I’m writing this from in the Mater Children’s Hospital here in Australia because my daughter finally had her heart surgery and is in her 2nd night of recovery in hospital. I shall be sleeping right here next to her for the next week so maybe while she sleeps I can finish this chapter…? Who knows…

Anyways, please vote/fan/comment. Pleasseee! I wanna see my beautiful readers!

Sending my love to everyone, especially parents who have children in hospitals or the like.

Nix <3

*************************************************************************************

[Roxy’s POV]

I brush my hand across my cheek trying to shoo away the tickling there. Erghh… go away you damn tickling! I slowly and groggily open one eye slightly to be greeted by a blurry room. Where the hell am I? I open both my eyes and blink several times to regain proper eye sight.

Why am I in my living room? I make to sit up only to realize that I can’t and also that my body hurts all over. I start to panic, what’s going on? I swiftly turn my head to the back and breathe a sigh of relief when I see the most beautiful face in the world.

I slowly turn my body around to face Nate relishing the feeling of his arm that’s draped over my waist and snuggle closer to him. He’s so perfect. The way his eye lashes kiss his cheekbones and his lips are slightly open made him all the more adorable. I could feel his warm breaths blow across my nose and lips and I just wonder… what would they feel like?

No! Stop it! I go to reach for the rubber band around my wrist and realize that it wasn’t there. Oh what the hell… He’s sleeping anyway, he’s not going to wake up. I lean in slowly so as not to disturb him and create an awkward moment. Just as my lips reach his I close my eyes and push forward those last few centimetres.

His lips were so soft and yet firm and had a slight taste of something I couldn’t quite place but tasted amazing. I kiss him again, just a little one, and I couldn’t help lightly sucking on his bottom lip. His taste was so addictive. I let out a sigh and slide my tongue across his bottom lip and I hear a deep, sexy moan from Nate.

I open my eyes and see that he’s still sleeping and it was as though he was moaning subconsciously. I bit his bottom lip again and kissed it. This time he wraps his arm tighter around me and pulls me tight up against him. I could feel his hard abs through his shirt and his arousal hardening against my leg.

“Rox?” Nate gasped huskily. I looked up at him and saw his eyes were hooded and ringed with black shadows from lack of sleep.

I gasped, shocked that he’d caught me in the act. Shit,  shit, shit, what do I do? I closed my eyes and pretended to be dreaming in my sleep. I mumbled incomprehensively and snuggled closer to him.

[Nate’s POV]

She was dreaming. Damnit, I woke up to lustful kisses and it turns out it wasn’t really real. Well, you know what I mean… I sighed and looked at her beautiful face. Coloured with bruises and a small cut here and there she was still the most beautiful girl I’d ever seen.

I hugged her closer, using this chance to feel close to her. How can I all of a sudden feel so much love towards my best friend? I mean, I’d always known she was gorgeous and smart and everything that made someone perfect, but why did I fall in love with her now? I guess the term ‘it happens when it happens’ really comes into place here.