Chapter 80

Have you bought a copy of this book yet? A real, printed book that you can take everywhere with you, lend to your friends…

No???!!

SHAME ON YOU.

Go and order yourself a copy!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

If you DID buy a copy, I will be forever grateful. :) Please tell me what you thought of the book!

========

 And... DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER!! IT MEANS A LOT TO ME TO SEE THAT MY READERS ENJOYED THE CHAPTER!

======== 

“What the hell?” Rennor said as soon as we joined him. “Why did you get involved?”

That was directed at me, of course. I grimaced and let go of Eros, crossing my arms over my chest defiantly. “Did you see that there were three cops?” I asked, irritated. “How the hell was he supposed to face them on his own? We barely survived as it is.”

“You should’ve separated them,” Rennor shot back. “This was stupid and dangerous.”

You’re stupid and dangerous as well, but you don’t hear us voicing our thoughts,” Eros cut in with a small smile. “Now, let’s get on with the plan, shall we? Standing here on top of a roof arguing isn’t exactly smart either.”

“Erm…” I breathed a laugh. “Our part of the plan is over, I guess… We were supposed to make the alarm sound, and if everything goes according to plan, it will. All we can do now is patrol the village, make sure nothing weird is going on.”

Rennor sighed. “Patrol, patrol, and more patrol… It’s the only thing I’m allowed to do all night…”

“Would you rather be at the wrong end of a barrel?” Eros asked, taking the gun out of his pants and showing it to the obnoxious vampire. “Be my guest. It was loads of fun.”

Rennor didn’t dignify that with a response. He just scoffed and turned away. “Let’s go patrol.”

We’d only checked out a few streets, making sure no one saw us, when the alarm sounded through the village. It was loud and truly deafening, which was a good thing. People surely wouldn’t ignore this kind of noise. A few people had been walking down the street, but they stared running the moment the alarm went off. Soon, they were inside their houses, safe and sound. Eros and I high-fived and even Rennor couldn’t keep a wicked grin off his sour face. We’d done it!

Our ecstasy was short-lived, alas. We could see the police station from where we were standing, and there were five cops coming out of there, guns ready. Why the hell would they be going out when there was a supposed gas leak? They weren’t even wearing gas masks or anything.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed and I looked down, expecting it to be Simon. It was Aurora.

I think someone saw us, she’d written. There are two cops at the church’s doors.

Crap! I showed Eros and Rennor my phone and they grunted. The church bells had been a last resort, only to be used when Eros failed to compel enough cops. But the alarm was already ringing, everyone was already inside or hurrying to get home. And now it seemed like the back-up plan was going to be out downfall.