Chapter 3 - I will get you

Copyright © 2013 by Jacquelyn Bipasha (Athena_Heart)

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods. Any resemblance to the characters featured in this story or other similarities will be taken into investigation, should a need arise and if necessary legal actions will also be taken. 

With eyes flaring open, Nadia stared at the ceiling panting as though she had been running for miles non – stop. Her fingers felt the top and shorts she had worn to bed last night. Sighing with immense relief, her palm covered her forehead. It was just a dream. Oh my. Fingers covering her mouth, eyes blinked taking in the reality surrounding her – the comfort and warmth of her room with its cream colored walls and the various pictures of her family, which hung by one side of the wall.

Rolling over with a loud, “mmmm”, she came nose to nose with the bright eager brown eyes of a Maremma Sheepdog. A huge smile crossed her face.

“Good morning, Gino!” She let out cheerfully.

The large white hairy handsome dog swiped a paw playfully at her cheek and flicked a long tongue at her chin. Nadia’s laughter filled the room as she scratched behind his ears. She loved this charming canin who had been a member of her family for the past two years.

One cold, rainy morning, a puppy had wandered into their vineyard. Taking pity on the cold, wet and hungry puppy, Gia had brought him into their kitchen. For Nadia, however, it had been love at first sight.  Perhaps it was the pup’s loving, dark needy eyes that told her he was alone in the world – a feeling that Nadia could relate to. So, dirty and wet even as he was, Nadia scooped him into her arms with a wide grin.

On that same day, the sisters had put a notice out for a lost puppy ad, to which Nadia had secretly wished  no one would be running to their house, claiming him as their own. A month passed and no one came looking for the puppy. After the proper documents were set in place, Gino Angelus was the latest addition to the family. Since then, he had earned all the love from the sisters. Nadia was clearly his dearest as he was hers. Never once had she even raised her voice at him, even when he had chewed on some of her favourite pairs of shoes. Gia, otherwise would stand with a hand on her hip, pointing and wagging an angry finger at him for chewing on her shoes, files and bags she had left lying around.

“You know, Gino… I met a man yesterday,” she told the dog who eyed her eagerly. Nadia spoke to Gino a lot – the dog had been a patient listener, hearing all her woes and plans for the business.

“I should have brought you along yesterday, and you could have taken a bite out of his solid sexy natiche and then maybe he would have stopped bothering me then.” Nadia giggled, at the thought of her big, brave dog biting Raul’s buttock.

Gino gave a short bark. Nadia frowned at him.

“No, I don’t like him. He…he is trouble for me. Men like him have many women, isn’t it.” She rubbed her nose to the dog’s nose. “I trust you more.” She turned to rest on her back, with an arm tucked under the back of her head.

Gino crawled over to her belly and laid all of his one hundred and twenty one pound of weight on top of her. “Ooof!” her head tilted up to look at the dog. Laughing, she rested her head back onto the pillow. Gino was her best friend. He had been with her since he was a cute white fluffy puppy. Now at two and a half years old, he was at his mature size.