Loving A Vampire Chapter 11

Loving A Vampire

Chapter 11

Kaleb slowly pulled away and looked up at me with pure amazement in his eyes.

"What?" I asked still trying to catch my breath.

"You are truly incredible".

"I am?" I asked wondering what this amazing creature could possible see in me.

"Yes you are and just in case you haven't realized it yet I am truly and madly in love with you".

I smiled up at him throwing my arms around his neck and jumping onto his lap hugging him tightly, he laughed at my reaction but held me tight in the hug.

"I love you too" I whispered softly and leaned in for another kiss.

I wanted to do more then just kiss him but decided to behave myself and got off of his lap sitting down next to him again.

"I've got some more questions"

"I'm sure you do, let's hear them".

"Ok, well do you just feed on anyone you come across or do you choose somebody specific?"

"I try only feed on evil people"

"How do you know whose evil?"

"It's just something that comes with being a vampire. I can't read their minds or anything like that so I don't know what they've done but I can just sort of sense who's bad. I have lost control and killed innocent people before but I try to only feed on those people the world can do without".

"I suppose that makes sense" I said thinking of what he just told me. Kaleb just laughed and shook his head.

"What?"

"I just can't believe the way you react to the things I've tell you, aren't you freaked out a bit? I mean we are talking about killing people".

"You have to survive, it's the circle of life and you are at the top of the food chain".

"I've never thought of it like that". Kaleb chuckled.

"How did you become a vampire and why did my grandma bind you to that grave?"

"So you want the whole story huh?"

"Yip, tell me everything"

"Ok. Me and Virgil used to be best friends, he was two years older then me but his parents and mine were friends so we basically grew up together. On Virgil's eighteenth birthday he went out with some friends to celebrate but I was only sixteen and had to stay at home. Virgil never returned home that night"

"You were friends with Virgil! What happened?"

"I'm getting to that part" Kaleb chuckled.

"So like I said Virgil never returned home, his family was devastated, they searched for him everywhere but never found him. None of his friends that was with him that night saw what happened, they say he was there one moment and just gone the next"

"Two years later on my eighteenth birthday Virgil appeared in my room. I was frightened because he looked different, he was pale and his eyes were much brighter then they used to be. I didn't know what to do, I really missed my friend so I decided to listen to what he had to say. He told me about how he was grabbed from the bar he was at on his birthday and was pulled into a dark alleyway where something bit him and drank his blood. He never saw who it was but when this thing was finished drinking from him he forced Virgil to drink his blood and then disappeared into the night leaving Virgil to change".

"He said that he wanted to come visit me sooner but had to learn to control his thirst first, he didn't want to kill me, he wanted me to join him but I refused. I didn't want to be like him I didn't want to die. Needless to say Virgil was furious, he grabbed me from my bed and dragged me to his hideout where he changed me against my will".

I didn't know what to say, this was horrible, how could Virgil have done this to his best friend?

"I hated Virgil for what he did to me, he thought that once I was changed I would forgive him but that didn't happen. I just hated him more everyday and to make things worse I was adjusting to vampire life better and quicker then he did. I was stronger and faster then him and that really angered him. One day we got in a fight and I hurt him pretty badly, I didn't stick around to find out what happened. I left him and headed south".

"I was lonely, I never mixed with humans and I didn't get along with my own kind. I met a few of them along the way but they were all so hungry for power and death that I just couldn't fit in with them. Now don't get me wrong, I've accepted what I am a long time ago, I enjoy all the power that comes with being a vampire. I've even accepted that I'm a killer and that I have to live on blood but somehow I was always different from them".

"Most of the vampires I came across were like Virgil, once they saw that I was more powerful then them they got angry and tried to kill me, it never worked until Virgil got a few of my old enemy's together and teamed up with your Grandma to destroy me".

I gasped as I heard this and felt Kalebs hand tighten around mine. I knew what my Gran had done to Kaleb but hearing it from Kaleb just made it so much more real. I used to love and respect my Gran but now I just hated her.

"I haven't seen Virgil since that day we had the fight so I was quite surprised when he showed up one morning. He said that he wanted to try and work things out between us, that he wanted us to be friends again but I didn't believe him, I knew he was up to something so I told him too leave. That's when about twenty other vampires appeared from all directions. They had me surrounded, I tried fighting them but was out numbered"

"They took me to where you found me and threw me in to that grave then your Gran did the binding ceremony. I thought I was damned to die a slow and painful death but then I realized I could appear to your Grandma in visions and started feeling that maybe I still had a chance. I haunted her every day for about twenty years, I didn't know about you until I appeared to her on your fourteenth birthday and you saw me too. That night Virgil killed your Gran, he forced her car off the road making it look like an accident. He was scared that she would tell you about me and him and that you would choose to help me instead of being on their side. As far as we know you are the only one left in her bloodline, there are other witches around but their not strong enough to perform binding rituals. You are the only one that could undo what they did to me".

"I'm so sorry my Grandma did that to you Kaleb, I hate her for what she did to you!" I yelled feeling overwhelmed.

"It's not you fault Chelsea and I will be forever grateful for what you have done for me, I will spend every second of my life making sure you are safe".

I cuddled onto his lap again feeling better when I was in his arms.

"You've had a long night, maybe you should get some sleep"

"Ok, just one more question"

"Ok"

"How can Virgil go out in the day, don't the sun kill vampires?"

"No silly, that's just a myth old people made up, just like the one that a stake through our heart will kill us and that you have to invite us in before we can come into your house it's all lies".