Chapter 3

There was the sound of chirping of birds and the humming of bees, signalling the arrival of the day. A pair of eyes gradually stirred up to the noise. The owner of those eyes was clearly annoyed.

The Girl's POV

"Wait....where am I?"

She was startled to hear nature's sounds but more when she realised that her very own hand was gripping on an unfamiliar muscular hand, she wasn't acquainted with. She jerked off her hand like she had caught some unwanted material.

"Oh my God! Did I just sleep with some drunkard last night?"

She felt a slight headache but besides that, she was perfectly fine. She felt for her clothes, breathing a sigh of relief when she found them intact.

"Where on Haven, am I?" Looking around, she was mesmerized by the breathtaking view from her place.

She found the person beside her, blinking his eyes and starting to wake up.

"He sure looks innocent." She thought. "But I should never go by the looks." She stood in an attacking stance, waiting for the stranger to open his eyes.

Stalker's POV

'The chirping of birds? What a fine morning!' He casually rubbed his eyes as he stifled a yawn.

'Hope she slept well.'

When he opened his eyes, he found the girl, ready to pounce on him.

"Look I can explain..." He started off, but was interrupted by a blow from her, which he intercepted about an inch from his face.

"You...you...what did you do to me?" The girl was really annoyed.

'What is wrong with this girl!' He thought to himself.

"I didn't do anything, okay?"

"Like I'd believe you." She kicked him on the shins. He winced a bit.

"Oww!! Is this the thanks you give to the person who saves you? Remind me never to save you again!" He muttered.

"I didn't ask for your help." She bluntly said, crossing her arms.

"Like I wanted to help...anyways..." He was a bit surprised. No one had even got close to make

him wince in the past. And this girl was really getting on his nerves.

"I was sent to protect you by the great grand sage 'Furinochi'. "

"Gramps?" She twitched her eyebrow. "Couldn't he send a real man...not some show off guy?"

He shot her a glare and she glared back. Wow! This was a challenge he had never expected.

" Yeah. The hunters have already phased out their attack. They are planning to enslave our people. And don't you ever dare call me a show off guy, okay?"

"No way! You know you deserve worse than that." She wasn't one to back up.

"Just shut your mouth and follow me."

He steadily climbed down the tree, without glancing at her. He was sort of annoyed.

"What if I say no?" She mocked at him, sticking out her tongue playfully.

He didn't reply but kept going down the trunk of the tree. He found her following after a bit of hesitation.

The girl's POV

"Who is this guy, anyway?" She mutters a little out loud for him to hear.

She intended to follow him only because her Gramps had sent him. She wasn't one hundred percent sure of it, though.