Underneath the Mistletoe - romantic - Bri♡

Imagine for Bri

(Bribri1416)

___

As we were walking downtown, I couldn't help but wonder what the hell Austin was doing that kept him so stiff and quiet. We had been on many, many dates and this was just another one of them. But this date seemed very weird. We had been together for over three years now, and Austin has never acted this way. I wasn't very used to it, but I guess I'll have to be.

We walked by a small coffee shop and I had an urge to go in because it was freezing cold out here. A nice cup of warm hot chocolate would be very pleasing. So I entered the shop, Austin figuring out my diversion in the trail immediately. He followed close behind as I went up to the counter and ordered our two drinks. As soon as the warm cup was in my possession, I did not plan on letting go of it anytime soon. It was the only warmth I had.

Austin didn't seem to have any words to say to me, he didn't even make an effort to kiss my cheek or call me babe. I was beginning to grow suspicious of what was going on.

I slowly sauntered out of the coffee shop and intertwined my fingers with Austin's, which caught him off guard. He's never acted like this before. "Baby, is everything okay?" I finally asked the lingering question that had stuck with me this whole date.

"Y-yeah." He stammered, refusing to make eye contact with me. We continued to walk around, looking at the various shops and stores along the sidewalk. It was nice, if I'll admit. I loved the winter weather and the feeling of Christmas. It always gave me a nostalgic feeling almost. Mine and Austin's hands were still clasped together, most likely because we were so used to holding each other's hands. Often times, Austin would fumble with something in his pocket, seeming nervous about something. I never questioned it, it probably was not any of my business.

It was growing late and I began to feel tired. The streets were still full of tourists, carolers, or just plain people, all wanted to get into the Christmas spirit by visiting Santa with their children or coming to see the beautiful lights with their spouses/significant other. I was kind of bummed that Austin hadn't done anything 'special' the whole night. He just went with whatever I wanted and never said a word about anything. He seemed very down, or melancholy. He wasn't his usual self.

I wanted to find out what was going on with him before we left that night, because it was seriously stressing me out. So I pulled him to the side to talk, away from any paparazzi who would want to ruin our moment.

"Austin," I began, looking down at how our hands fit together perfectly, as cliche as it sounded, "is something wrong?"

At first, Austin didn't say anything. But I guess he had gathered up all his courage to say something, and that something was definitely not what I was expecting. "I want to show you something." Austin said softly, a genuine smile forming on his lips

"What is it?" I asked, a little stress being lifted off my shoulders. Instead of saying something, Austin lead me down the block and around the corner. I was shocked to see him so giddy all of a sudden, but this was definitely the Austin I knew and loved.

I had no idea where we were, but I just continued to follow him down the crowded streets and sidewalks. We ended up at the large Christmas tree in the center of the plaza that was at least 20 feet high. It was decorated beautifully and the glass ornaments caught the moonlight perfectly.

"I know I've been acting weird the whole night," Austin stopped walking and turned around to face me, "and I want to make up for that."

"I love you Bri, you know that. And I want the whole world to know it." He paused to kiss my nose, then my lips. "I couldn't wait any longer." He whispered before sticking his hand in his pocket, the same one he had been fumbling with the whole night. When he pulled his hand out, my eyes nearly jumped at what he was holding. It was a small, black box and I had a feeling I knew here this was going.

"Bri, will you make me the happiest man in the world, and marry me?" Austin suddenly bent down on one knee and held open the small box, revealing a diamond ring. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor, and it would, if I had let it. Everything started falling into place afterwards. I realized that the whole time Austin was acting weird, it was probably because he was nervous about this very moment. And trust me, anyone would have.

"Of course." I nodded and bent down to give him a long kiss on the lips. I slowly stood up with Austin, our lips still connected before I pulled away a few seconds after. I couldn't hide the wide smile on my face as Austin slipped the ring onto my right ring finger. It felt amazing, having this small piece of jewelry on my finger. I know that sounds weird, but this is what most people look for in life. Their true happiness. And I knew that I had definitely found mine. It was Austin.

___

Merry late Christmas and Happy early New Years! How was your day everyone? Sorry I haven't updated, I just drove to San Diego and oh my freaking gosh this place is perfect. The beaches and streets and beach houses>>>

Okay, ya

Vote! And visit my e-card (link is in comments below) help me win a chance to meet Austin:)

-Lena