Chapter 8 - Mum...?

Laurel's POV

The kiss, that happened yesterday. Everything's been so awkward after that. Harry avoided me all day and I feel so bad for kissing back, but it's not like I'm with Thayer.. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet so yeah.

"Hey Laurel, you alright? You seem so.. distracted ever since we got back from the picnic yesterday.. Did I do anything wrong?" Thayer asked.

What am I supposed to say now?

"No, I'm alright.. But my head hurt's a bit, so i'ma go and like, have a nap or something.." I said, getting up.

"Oh, okay.. Well, um, if you need anything I'm here." He said, smiling faintly.

I smiled, nodding at him and went upstairs and into the room. 

What am I gonna do now?

I went into the room and collapsed on the bed and sighed.

Where does everyone think I am, back at home? Are they searching for me? If they are, they'll probably stop in a few weeks. I mean I'm going to be 18 soon so yeah.. And then I drift off to sleep. 

Harry's POV

Why did I kiss her? I mean, I had to if I wanted her to shut the hell up. But she kissed back? What's that supposed to mean? And I will admit, I did kind of like the kiss. She is so talkative, like a broken radio on reply. What was she doing snooping around anyway? Well, maybe because she wanted to leave? Yes, of course that. But we've been nothing but kind to her.. Well almost. Isn't she supposed to like us and listen to us?

Nevermind.

Anyway, Derek told me to meet him ASAP, right after the kiss with Laurel, at some pub which is about half an hour away. I left immediately.

"Aye, where you goin'?" Thayer shouted when he saw me come down the stairs. "And didn't you leave?"

"Yeah yeah, I just forgot something. I'm going to meet Derek now. He says he's got something for all of us to do.. All of us including Laurel. Pack you guys' bags and shit when I text you to." I said, before grabbing my keys and leaving.

I wonder what Derek has in mind for us.. And he also said he wanted to talk about that girl. That girl being Laurel. 

I twisted the keys in the ignition, starting up the car, and backed up in the drive way, and left to Derek.

Thayer's POV

Great, Derek need us to do his dirty work again. Wait, scratch that, we always do his dirty work. Us along with all the others that work for him. And Laurel is included in this mission too. 

Laurel's POV

I woke up to something hitting the window. I left the bed and walked over to the window..

I saw a person.. Not sure who though, as it was raining. Who could be there? I glanced over at the clock on the wall. 11:19 PM.

I opened the window, "Hello? Is anyone there?" I shouted out. 

"Laurel? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice say. I instantly knew who it was. Mum.

"Mum? Is that you?" I asked, hoping whoever that was would reply with a 'Yes.'

"Yes, love. It's me. I can't be here for too long. But listen to me. You have to watch out.. Its.. Its a dangerous world out there. Stay safe." She said.

"Mum? Oh my, mum! I've missed you so much. What are you saying? Are you going to leave? What's wrong?" I asked, with a lot of worry. Tears were already streaming down my face.