I didn't want to marry you but, if I get away from my parents, I'll even have your baby.

My name is Alexa Carlson. I graduated high school almost two years ago but didn't get to attend college. It's not like we can't afford it but my parents don't want me to go. Instead I have to marry their business partners' youngest son.

He is only a year older than me but I've never met him, only his older brother.

My parents abuse me. They hate me and I hate them but the only time I say that is when I am alone.

"Stop picking at your dress." my mom snapped at me. She is always yelling or putting me down. My dad is the only one who hits me.

I stopped and looked at the door.

I heard a car drive up and my mom glared at me.

"Stand up and greet them. Remember we want to make a good impression on William and Beth, and especially Drew." she came closer. "Have you even tried on your dress? Or looked at it?"

"Yes." I whispered. She means my wedding dress.

She looked away and my father came around the corner.

"You better not, mess this up." he growled just before the doorbell rang.

I stepped up and almost tripped. I'm not used to wearing heels or dresses but my mom forced me to do this.

She said I have to look the best and ratty old clothes weren't going to do the trick.

They opened the door and welcomed my soon to be family in.

The parents, William and Beth, smiled warmly at me and pulled their son in the house. He barely smiled at me and my parents.

I don't blame the poor guy.

As we sat down my mom shook her head politely. "Honey, why don't you show Drew around and get to know each other?"

I stood up and Drew followed. "Sure." I mumbled. "Follow me." I walked around the corner to the huge hallway. My house was fairly large but material possessions don't really matter to me. When we were out of hearing range I stopped and faced him. "Do you really want to see the house?" I looked up at him. He was taller than me and looked like he worked out. He had deep brown eyes and dark brown hair that was wavy and stopped just above his eyes.

"Not really." he smiled, sort of. It was a polite smile but not really genuinely. "But if I do recall correctly, the stairs were in the living room."

"We have another set in the kitchen. It wont be hard to get past them." I pointed in the general direction of our parents.

"Lead the way." he held out his arm.

I hooked mine in his softly and led him to the kitchen. "Wait, do you want something to drink?"

He shook his head. "No, thank you though."

I nodded and continued through the kitchen and up the stairs. I took him to my room and shut the door behind him.

I sat on my bed and he sat across from me. It was quiet until I kicked of my heels and put my feet under me.

He chuckled. "You are very polite."

"I'm polite?" I raised my eyebrows. "You're the one who's polite."

He smiled and looked around. "Nice room."

I looked around. "Thanks." it was nothing special though. My room was a pale yellow and the curtains were ivory and draped to the floor. My bed was just a plain white full canopy.

"Don't take this the wrong way but I really don't want to get married." he said quietly.

I nodded and laid back in the pillows. "I don't either."

"Our parents are idiots."

I nodded and smiled.

He laid beside me and pointed at the ceiling. "Twinkle lights?"

I nodded. On my ceiling were twinkle lights in patterns to represent the stars. "It's really pretty at night. It makes the yellow almost glow." I whispered.

"Sweet." he whispered back.