Chapter 24. Heart's of Darkness

After the initial shock of how much time we actually have until the Lunar Eclipse set in, my mind seemed to snap back into it's original state and I launched myself at Stiles. He was sopping wet, and shivering slightly, but I didn't care. My arms latched themselves around the base of his neck and my face was buried in his chest. His body stilled in surprise for a moment before he wrapped his arms around me tightly. I don't know why there is this huge pressure in my chest, but being close to him is helping it go away.

"How did you do? Did you connect yourself to any of us?" He mumbled into my hair, obviously too absorbed in the embrace to try and move. I can't blame him, I feel the exact same.

I have no idea if I connected myself or not. I don't remember. I had to be sedated which leads me to the conclusion that something awful happened. Maybe I did connect myself and that's why my entire body hurts, and I have a headache. Those are usually side affects from using my ability.

Deaton opted to answer for me, "We don't believe that she connected herself to anyone in particular, no."

"What does that mean?" Scott asked immediately, picking up on the double meaning of the sentence that Deaton had just stated.

Reluctantly, I pulled out of the embrace and glanced at Isaac, he had a worried look plastered on his face, and that was enough to tell me that he had been witness to whatever happened. Scott noticed it too, because he quickly rounded on him, "Isaac what the hell happened?"

My "new" brother sighed as he shook his head from side to side, "I honestly have no idea. I've never actually seen her use her ability before, or hallucinate for that matter-- but whatever happened, it wasn't good... and it scared the absolute hell out of me."

Stiles grip on my waist tightened, "What happened?" 

"She blacked out. I don't really know, I didn't see her until I pulled her out of the bathtub, she had been--"

Isaac was cut off by Scott, "Bathtub?"

"Why the hell were you with her in the bathroom?" Stiles interjected, his eyes darted from Isaac to myself several times. 

My eyes widened, "We weren't together in the bathroom like that!"

"Oh my god, no! She was trying to drown herself and I pushed through the door!" Isaac rushed out quickly, holding his hands out in front of him as he tried to ease the tension between my brother and boyfriend. 

What?

This was news to me. I had no idea that I had tried to drown myself. Where was I even at? I can't keep my thoughts straight, images of a bathtub and a bloody mirror are infiltrating my mind, but I have no idea what they mean.

"She tried to drown herself?" Allison asked in confusion, voicing everyone's thoughts in the room . 

Deaton sighed, "She was suffering from a hallucination, I believe. When Isaac brought her back here I sedated her with some Ketamine in order to prevent her from harming herself or other's while you were all still... gone."

"Let's not worry about this right now, the Lunar Eclipse is in less than four hours." I stated after a moment of silence. I didn't like all of the looks that people were giving me after hearing about my episode of temporary insanity.

Scott nodded, "I'm going to have to go back with Deucalion."

"No dude. You are not going back with them." Stiles stated as he wiped at his hair with the towel that Lydia had given him. He was leaning up against the tub that he had been in, his free hand gripping my own hand tightly.