Loving A Vampire Chapter 10

Loving A Vampire

Chapter 10

I sat up gasping for air feeling sad and confused, I looked around my room but didn't see him anywhere. What did he mean by he can't do this to me?

"Kaleb?"

"Kaleb, please come back. I want to be with you. I love you" I begged not believing my own words. How could I love him when I didn't even really know him? My mom always says that love doesn't make sense, I guess she's right about that because I knew without a doubt that I loved Kaleb and nothing else mattered.

"Kaleb?" I asked as I saw a shadow appear in the corner of my room.

"I'm here" I heard him say as he walked over to me and sat down on the edge of my bed.

"Why did you go?"

"I shouldn't be here with you".

"Why?" I asked feeling panic rise up in me.

"I'm not good for you, I'm dangerous".

"I don't believe you, you won't hurt me". I said trying to convince him too stay, I couldn't bare loosing him.

"No, I won't hurt you, but just being with me is dangerous for you, my world is a dangerous place for a human to be involved in"

"I can't loose you now, please Kaleb, tell me you won't leave me" He shook his head sighing.

"I shouldn't have gotten you involved in this in the first place. I knew it was wrong but I just couldn't help myself. In the beginning I was just trying to get you to free me because you were the only one who could but then I started getting happy whenever I saw you. I started having feelings I never knew existed, I wasn't planning on falling for you, it just kind of happened".

"So you'll stay?"

"Yes, I'll stay. I don't think I could ever leave you even if I wanted to but you have to understand how dangerous it is being with me".

"What exactly do you mean by dangerous?" I asked feeling a bit scared but knowing no matter what he said I wouldn't ever let him go.

"Virgil will come for me now that I'm free and he won't be alone".

"Oh" I said not really knowing what to say to that, just speaking about Virgil scared me.

"You don't have to worry about it, I'll take care of him and whoever he brings along, I just want you to know what's going to happen".

"I understand and it doesn't matter, I want you to stay".

"Nothing will make me happier then to stay with you" Kaleb replied his lips turning up into a beautiful smile.

"So I guess you've got lots of questions for me". Kaleb said looking more comfortable and relaxed.

"Yea, I can think of a few". I replied making myself comfortable on the bed next to him.

"Go ahead, I'll tell you whatever you want to know but I have to warn you that I'm not going to lie to you, you have to know the truth".

"Ok, so how old are you?" I asked the first question that popped up in my head.

"One hundred and fifty three" He looked at me to see what my reaction was so I tried hiding the shock I was feeling by asking another question.

"How long have you been a vampire?"

"One hundred and thirty five years, I was changed when I was eighteen".

"And you have to drink blood to survive?" I asked already knowing the answer but wanting it confirmed.

"We can stay without blood for a long time, but we grow weaker everyday we don't feed until we eventually become so weak that we won't even be able to defend ourselves if we are attacked. I was buried in that grave for the last twenty two years, I was fading slowly at first but as time went on the pain of going without blood was becoming unbearable, I was growing weak and I'm sure Virgil would have made his move to kill me soon if you haven't saved me". Kaleb said as he smiled at me and took my hand in his causing my whole body to shiver with pleasure.

"Do you have to drink human blood or can you survive on animal blood like they do in movies?"

"Unfortunately we have to drink human blood, animal blood won't kill us but it won't feed us either" I couldn't believe I was talking so calmly about killing people but I just couldn't get myself to be scared of Kaleb.

"When Virgil fed on me he left me alive, do your victims always survive the attack?" I could see Kaleb's face change into a mask of anger as I mentioned Virgil feeding on me but he quickly regained his composure.

"No, sometimes they die, it depends on the vampire. If we can control ourselves and we feed often they will survive but if we haven't fed for a while we could lose control and kill them". He didn't look at me while saying this.

"When you left after I set you free you went to go feed, did they survive?"

"No".

I felt a shiver run through my body as he confirmed what I already knew but still couldn't get myself to be afraid of him. I was silent for a while as images of Kaleb attacking somebody and drinking their blood filled my head.

"Have you changed your mind? I'll understand if you want me to leave". Kaleb asked looking up at me for the first time again.

"No, I want you to stay" I said moving closer to him, I didn't understand the feelings I was feeling for him but nothing he said or did could make me hate him in fact I just found myself more in love with him every second.

I was sitting really close to him now, he was still holding my hand but I wanted to feel closer to him and I could see he felt the same way. Would I be able to kiss him after he just admitted to killing humans?

I didn't have to wonder too long because he leaned forward and I felt my heart speed up erratically. He stopped just before his lips touched mine and I had my answer, yes I would kiss him, I wanted to kiss him.

"May I kiss you?" He asked softly and I could hear he's breathing was as uneven as mine.

"Yes" I answered and felt his lips on mine. This kiss was much deeper and much more passionate then the previous one. He kissed me slowly exploring my mouth with his tongue and it felt like I was going to burst from the inside out. His touch was truly electrifying, it felt like a million little beads of ice was moving through my body as he kissed me.

The kiss was filled with love, passion and need from the both of us and that's when I knew I would love him forever.