Won't Lose You Again

{A/N: The song doesn't belong to me, it belongs to Maroon 5. ;). And this is the first story I've decided to write, please don't judge it too harsh. and I'm sorry if I made some grammatical mistakes. Comments are really appreciated. :)}

Oh, and the italic letters are flashback

**************************************************************************************************************

WON’T LOSE YOU AGAIN

Drip. Drip. The sound of something dripping felt so real in her ears. Her head felt like it was going to explode as she moved a bit. She didn’t care even if the beer she was holding was already forming a small puddle near her feet. She also didn’t care about the buzzing iPhone in her jeans pocket, indicating that someone had called her for the thirty-first time today. Instead, she pulled it out and flung it across the room. Thump. As it fell against the floor.

She reached out for a bottle near her feet, only to find that it was already empty. There were four in her room, and all of them were already empty. “Dammit!”

What had possibly made her like this? She was Elizabeth Hathaway, queen bee of Carmichael High School. All the guys there would kill to go on a date with her, and here she was, drinking like a lunatic. What would they think if they knew? This was his entire fault; Riley’s fault.

“I’ve never felt this way before you, Lizzy. I love you. You’re everything to me. I’d never let you go,” a handsome boy with spiky golden-brown hair said. His arms were encircled around her slender waist as he kissed her neck from behind, sending a shiver down her spine.

“I love you too.” Her hand slowly held his as she intertwined them together. “Don’t ever leave me, okay?”

“Never,” he murmured in her ears, his hot breath tickling her.

 Someone knocked on her door. “Shut up,” she said softly, head lolling against the wall.

“Say, Riley,” Lizzy rested her head on his chest. They were now sitting on his truck, watching the meteor shower that was supposed to be an assignment for class. “Why do you love me?”

“Because you’re the most amazing girl I’ve ever known.”

“Really?” Lizzy looked up at him, smiling. “They say I am just a selfish, spoiled girl with a queen bee personality.”

Riley just gave her a soft chuckle. “You do act like a queen, Liz. But you—” he stopped her just as she was about to retort “—are my kindest and gentlest queen. Not to mention you, baby, are hot as hell.”

“I find it hard to believe.”

“Nah, don’t listen to others, Liz. You are perfect just the way you are.”

The knock became harder as Lizzy struggled to keep her eyes closed. It was starting to annoy her. She was tired and she wanted to sleep.

“How could you do this to me? You lied; you always lied.” Riley shrugged her hands from his arm like it burned him.

“No, I didn’t. I swear I didn’t. I love you. You’re the only one I love, Ry.” It was strange how fast this was over. Two months ago, they were still happy. But now, everything they had built in their relationship was threatening to crumble.

“You know what?” Riley took a step away from her. “They’re right. You are a selfish, cheating slut. You slept with my best friend. I don’t know why I would ask you out in the first place. You disgust me,” Riley said before he walked away from her, leaving her alone to cry on the floor after he gave her a disgusted look for the last time.