Chapter One:Recover.

"Whitney,can you hear me?I'm Denise,head police investigator.Can you hear me?Whitney,I need you to answer me.You don't have to speak,you can nod or blink your eyes if you want to.,"a female voice asked me making me snap out of my consciousness.I look at the lady in front of me,she was in a police uniform and she looks like she's in her mid-thirties."Whitney,can you hear me?,"she asked again,her voice gone softer.I nod my head."Good,Whitney I'm Denise,head police investigator.Do you know where you are right now?,'she said,indicating the small dirty room with concrete floors and dusty furnishings.I look down at my wrists and feet,they were not tied anymore but replaced by the ropes were deep red gashes.I look up at Denise and shook my head vigorously,not wanting to look at her or anything in this room.Memories haunt at me from the sights of this place.I want to get out of here."Whitney,sweetie calm down.Let's bring you to the hospital and set everything straight.,'Denise soothed calmly with hands around my shoulders.I followed her out of the room through a door that led to a corridor with more doors.I pulled her to a halt and mustered a very low "Where am I?" before the tears come streaming to my face again.I drop to the floor crying,my emotions taking over me."I'll tell you when we're in the hospital.Whitney come on,everything's alright.Gabel Sinrey is now behind bars.He's facing execution next weekend.Whitney don't be afraid.,"Denise cried out as she kneeled down and hug me.I kept on crying,knowing that my life would change from now on.

*********

"You were at an abandoned hotel,The Fin Hill,it closed down three years ago and it was a hideout for Gabel Sinrey,the country's most wanted man dead or alive.Your parents reported you missing two days ago when you weren't home from your friend Alisha's party at a local club.Witnesses said that you were getting a bit tipsy and your drink might have been spiked with alcohol but you started dancing with random men and ended up walking home with Gabel,instead of home he coax you to his 'pad' and you agreed.For a sixteen year old girl Whitney,this has corrupted your mind and it's best if you forget everything and start a new life in a new place.You have been molested and tortured by being threatened to be raped and killed by Gabel.You have no worries though.We called your parents and discussed it with them and they agreed to moving to another state.Whitney,if you ever need somebody to talk to.You can always call me.,"Denise said,passing me a pink post-it with her number scrawled all over.I nod my head and wipe away imaginary tears from my face,I sat up on the hospital bed looking her in the eye.

Bleep-Bleep-Bleep-Bleep.

"Excuse me.,"Denise said,taking out her cell phone and walking out of the hospital room.I sat there in silence,a million things pass my mind.I could remember myself dancing with men and walking on Seventh Riff street with Gabel.I could remember him threatening to rape and kill me when I cried for help after being touched.I could remember it all.His words echoed in my head,making me scream for help.Doctors and nurses rush in with Denise and my parents.Their faces both filled with terror and shock.My hands fled to my hair,pulling it.Gabel told me that the first thing he was attracted to was my hair,it was like spun gold.I hate my hair.I hate the colour.I hate everything!"Cut it off.Shave my head.Cut it off!,"I screamed at the top of my lungs frightening my parents and the nurses.I pulled at the long blonde locks as hard as I could,finally a nurse came with a pair of scissors and the doctor cut it off,tears stream down my face and I smile.The first time I've smiled after everything.My hair was not long anymore.It was shoulder length and the next thing I'm going to do is change it's colour.Blonde hair makes me remember.