mister popular meets miss nobody (chapter 6)

CHAPTER SIX

"Wait up!" I yelled at him but he seemed not to hear me.

"Hey! Stop right there! Let me go!" I tried to shake my hand off of him but his iron hold made it impossible. I almost fell when I accidentally stepped on an unleveled ground. Damn. I forgot that I'm wearing high healed stilettos that Alice gave me hours ago. I can't take it anymore. My feet are killing me so I just sat while he is still holding my hand.

"Come on. Stand up." Nathaniel told me while trying to pull me up.

"Where the hell are you taking me?!" I almost yelled at his face.

"Hey. Don't yell at me alright? I'm just doing you a favor here."

"What favor are you talking about? I didn't ask you for anything!"

"I thought you don't like to attend your own party?" he asked me and let go of my hand. He folded it on his chest and stare at me with a weird look at his face.

I stand up and tried to walk back at the house. I was surprised to see that we are now far away from Alice's house. I groaned but start to walk back.

"Hey wait. Where do you think you're going?" He held my elbow and turned me around to face him. It was too fast that it made me lost my balance. I fell on Nathaniel's hands but he lost his balance too that made us fell on the ground with me on top of him.

"Ouch! My back!" He screamed to my surprise. I quickly got up and help him up. He almost fell again but he managed to hold on to a tree brunch near him.

"A - Are you alright?" I was still in shock but I have to say something because I can see that he hurt his back real hard.

"Damn! My back! I think I broke my spine!" He yelled at me like a baby. I don't know how to react, whether to laugh or feel sorry for him. I know that he was just over reacting. If he broke his spine, he will probably be still lying on the ground and screaming on top of his lungs in pain. But I can see that he can still jump so I just stand there and watch him jump up and down.

"Will you please stop jumping like a frog? Your back will be on much pain if you jump like that. Stop and sit there on the rock." I told him deadly to hide my smile and pointed him the rock near the lake. He didn't look like he heard me so I hold on to his arms and pull him on the big rock.

"Sit. I'll massage your back. It will make you feel better." He did what I told him to do so I started to massage his back up and down.

"I'm sorry I fell on top of you. It was really your fault actually. You turned me around so fast that it made me lost my balance."

"Urgh. My back. It's merely your fault. You just walk back leaving me here. I was just doing you a favor but you seem not to notice it." He half yelled it to me. I still don't know what he is trying to say about that favor he's been saying.

"I still don't know what you're talking about. I didn't ask you to do me any favor for you to drag me here with high healed stilettos on." I said it pausing on what I am doing.

"I thought you don't want to attend that stupid party Alice is building up? I heard the two of you arguing about it at the house. You also seemed not to like the idea of me escorting you." I was shock. I didn't think that he would hear what I just said earlier. I don't know what to say. Now, I want to kill Alice for this. I'm dead!

"Uhmm.. It's not like that. I'm just, well, surprised that you agreed on what Alice told you to do. I didn't think you'll come at all. And, I also thought of Sandra. That brainless, I mean, that girl is hitting on my nerves all the time." This time, I stop massaging his back at turn to look at the lake beside us. It was still breath taking. This place was so beautiful that I can hardly look away. I shiver when I felt the cool night wind pass trough me. It's cold down here.