A Story From Hell

MAJOR EDITING DONE!!!!!

BE WARNED

+++++++++++++++++++++++

A  Story from Hell

Sam's POV

We came back to the house very late, and all I wanted to do was lay down and get some sleep. Layla, thankfully, permitted me to do so. She stayed down stairs sitting next to John looking through a computer and holding a phone in her hands.

“I don’t like the looks of this.” She whispered before I left. As tired as I was I don’t think I was going to be able to fall asleep. Thoughts of him spun around my head, knitting together horrible thoughts and suppressed memories. This wasn’t a place that I wanted to revisit any time soon. When I laid down I couldn’t stop thinking about it, the pain, the sounds, the book. It was always the same book. He always held it close to him like it was apart of him.

In fact I couldn’t think of a time that he wasn’t holding that book. I sighed and turned on my side, hoping the shift would make the memories stay where they were and let me attempt at sleep.

I was scared, very to say the least. I didn’t want to go back there, now that I’ve tasted freedom I didn’t want to let it go ever. This was where I wanted to stay for the rest of my life. But the twisting in my stomach wouldn’t allow for me, and as I finally was able to settle a fleeting thought entered my mind. If I wanted to keep this new found freedom, then I was going to have to fight for it.

Layla’s POV

John and I sat at the table after the meeting for what felt like hours. We had called everyone we knew, asking if they had heard something about these new age hunters. All leads ended up showing in dead ends. We even tried some of our less ‘trustworthy’ sources (Slime) but that didn’t help us. None of the information we’ve gathered adds to what we already know. A man named Michael has organized a hunting group and is taking out wolves, in a process known as ‘purification’. That wasn’t a hell of a lot to go on.

Finally accepting defeat I went home and, I assume, John went to bed. I thought about it for as long as I could, trying to see into the future and find out what exactly we were up against, but I couldn’t see much. I was at my wits end, tomorrow would be a harder day of digging, and pulling every single resource we had to try and prevent whatever has been planned.

Sam’s POV

And just as I was about to fall asleep, screaming overtook the house. I rushed to the door to see John flying out, Layla close behind. I followed after then towards the back door. “Alison!” John screamed, and in a second he was in wolf form sprinting through the yard. Layla froze on the back step, holding her head.

“Layla?” I asked putting a hand on her arm. She looked up and me and kissed my forehead unexpectedly.

“Watch out for my family.” She whispered tears in her eyes. In a flash of grey she was gone, leaving me standing on the doorstep alone. Watch out for her family?

“LAYLA!!” I screamed after, her words piecing together in my mind.

Layla’s POV

-John this way, I know where she is!- I called to John with my mind.

-Her scent leads this way!- he shouted back.

-Yes, but if we cut across this way we’ll get there faster.- John complied and broke through the bushes beside me. He grunted and let me lead, he’s too much of an Alpha. I shook the thought away as I moved through the trees very agile, I could hear the hunters just a head of us. –Attack!- I told John, he growled violently and leaped through the trees, causing people to scream and shout. I slipped around the side to catch the man who was attempting to slip away with Alison chained in silver. I took him down in a second, securing my jaws around his neck and biting down.

His scream was loud, but short. Cut off into a gurgle until the vertebra snapped and he became weak in my mouth. Dropping him I ripped the chains off Alison before they could burn my mouth. She sighed and shifted, turning into a very pretty light brown wolf, and jumping into help her mate. I smiled and ran around the edges to cut off their back up.

“These demons just don’t give up do they?” a man hissed I jumped narrowly avoiding the lash of a whip. I would really like to know where these hunters find silver tipped whips. “Just get it.” Another man hissed. I leaned low and growled, but I knew that any way I tried to escape only led to one thing.

I wasn’t going down without a fight though. I would show these hunters what a true demon looked like.

John’s POV

When the last one fell I looked over at Alison, panting, but alright. I shifted human, the same time she did, and wrapped my arms around her. “You’re alright.” I whispered, holding her tightly. She nodded, shaking a little in my arms. I held her tighter before pulling back to wipe away the tears on her cheeks. “Where’s Layla?” I asked looking around the clearing. She wasn’t insight.

Alison looked around confused. “Layla!” She called loudly, waiting for some sign. The forest answered only with silence. “Do you think...?” Alison whispered. I shook my head and ran in the direction of her scent.

“Layla?” I jumped through the trees and landed on a path on the other side. There were quad tracks, and torn dirt. Two dead bodies were left behind, teeth marks dug deeply into their skin. “No...” I felt despair crush me as I dropped to my knees. Alison wrapped and arm around me, but I didn’t feel it. My baby sister was gone.