.Chapitre Dix.

---Ethan’s POV---

To say being in the same room as Reagan was awkward was a huge understatement. It was silence, no sound but the T.V, and it was killing me. I wanted to talk to her and make her smile. My eyes would drift over to where she sat on the couch every now and then.

I was thankful that she didn't notice, but of course some idiot had to. That idiot was Cole, my best friend.

Of course he knew about what was happening with Reagan. Most of it, anyway. I didn't tell him about the somewhat kiss, well, what happened before we almost kissed anyway.

The worst part of this whole thing was that I haven't spoken a single word to her in four days. And it, too, was killing me.

Talking to Cole about the whole Reagan thing was a bad idea, but it was too late to regret telling him now. The first day I saw her I told him about her. I still remember the conversation.

“Who was that girl you were talking to?” I asked him as I jogged to catch up with him.

“Oh, she's a friend of mine. Doesn't really talk much, well, except for to me and Camilla. She likes to keep to herself.”

And then he had to take another set of inmates away.

Inmate. I hated that word; it was a constant reminder of how sick of a person I really was. When I took the job as a guard I made a promise to not get into a relationship with the inmates, whether it was as a friend or as more. And I broke it.

Just then Dale burst through the door like the building was on fire. He told Ryan to leave and closed the door behind him, out the corner of my eye I swore I saw Reagan smile.

“I thought you were ditching today.” Reagan said as he made his way to the couch.

“Oh Reaggie-poo, I could never leave you!” she smiled as he began to assault her head with his hands. She pushed him away and fixed her hair before frowning. That's when I noticed what he said, and she did too.

Reaggie-poo.

I don't know why, but hearing him call her that made me, I don't even know what, but it definitely upset me. I looked over to her and I just couldn't look away, no matter how girly that sounds. What I was trying to do was get her attention but as it turns out, she was busy talking to Dale.

What sent me over the breaking point was when he put his arm over her shoulder. As I looked over I saw his hand on her thigh and I was pissed off.

Dale threw me a small smirk and began to move his up her thigh a bit. I wanted to hit him, so bad. My leg started to bounce nervously on the floor and from the glint in Dale's eyes I knew that he knew I was pissed off.

That's when I saw her look over at me then quickly look away. So she was in on it too?

That set me off even more.

She gets mad at me because she thought I had a girlfriend and yet she has Dale? I quickly turn my gaze to Cole, who I could feel was looking at me.

He gives me a look that says, 'Wow'. While my expression is more of a pissed off one, which he picked up on immediately. This silent conversation went on for a few more minutes before I finally decided I had enough and stormed out the room.

I saw red as I stomped down the stairs and headed to the locker room.

This is wrong. I shouldn't be worked up over an inmate; there shouldn't be a reason for me to be upset because she was talking with Dale. There were rules for this job; the most important was that guards weren't allowed to date prisoners.