Chapter Four

Jasmine (Jaz) P.O.V

I woke up in a foreign room, the scent of the room was intoxicating. My lungs burned like a raging wildfire in my chest. I came to the conclusion that is was a good burn, a pleasurable burn. Looking around the room, it seemed rather masculine, with no implications that a woman had every been in this room. It was then that the fog finally lifted from my brain, the events of the past day came crushing back to me, this intoxicating smell, was my mate, I was in his room.

Quickly throwing of the covers, I checked to see that I had clothes on, granted they were not mine, so they must be his, which means he changed me whilst I was unconscious. That bastard!

"Don't worry, I didn't look, much" came a voice from a doorway that obviously led to a bathroom, as steam was billowing out from the open door. I glanced at his eyes, and then found myself tracking the plains of his chest and stomach. Blushing at the hard compact muscle. What am I thinking! I'm supposed to be mad at him. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts of that distractingly delicious body. No stop it!

"Like what you see?" He asks, smirking cheekily at me.

"Eh, Channing Tatum is hotter." I sass back. He growls at me, his eyes changing to an obsidian black, the eyes of his wolf.

"You want to repeat that sweetheart" he growls out through clenched teeth, slowly stalking towards me.

"Well seeing as you are incapable of hearing, I repeat, Channing Tatum is hotter." I smirk, I know it's bad to anger an alpha wolf, especially when said alpha wolf is my mate, but a girl has to have some fun. Growling he lunges at me, pining me to the bed and glaring at me. I glare back, not one to willingly back down from anything. Seeing this, he adds in a touch of his alpha voice, which has my wolf baring our neck to him. I growl whilst he smirks in victory. Bending down he inhales my scent, running his nose up and down the length of my neck, slightly touching the area he bit me, which tingles at his touch. Jerking my head away from his, I growl.

"I said I never marked you, I'm not one of those mates who force his woman into a marking." He states, getting off of me and going to his wardrobe. Before I even get a chance to move from my place on the bed, he comes back out, only in low fitting jeans, I watch as the trails of the visible water droplets create tracks down his muscular chest and torso. Realisation comes to me and I snap my eyes back to his face, slightly shaking my head to clear my mind, and the dull my wolfs panting from my head.

"Can we at least talk?" He asks, fully snapping me from my mind.

"There is nothing to talk about." I reply coldly.

"You and I both know there is, don't lie to me" he stated matter of factly.

"Ok fine, lets start with something simple, why in the world were you making out with Kitty?!" I start off softly and end up yelling at the end.

"Like I stated before, she came onto me, I want nothing to do with her, she has this fascination in her head that I'm apparently her mate and she is mine, it's creating problems for me right now." He sighs out the last bit.

"Oh, but it wasn't creating problems for you before? Is that what your saying?!" I shout.

"What?"

"Are you saying that before you knew I was your mate, you had no problem with Kitty believing that you were her mate!"

"Of course it was a problem from the very beginning! I prayed to the gods every fucking night not to have her as my mate, I thank them that they blessed me to have you, and then it gets screwed over by a situation that you walked in on and I was trying to get out of!"

"Wait what?" That admission stops me tight in my tracks, "Your blessed to have me as a mate?"

"Of course I am! You beautiful, smart, caring, hell we practically grew up together, you have no idea how long I've been hoping to get you as a mate. Add to the fact that you would look totally sexy screaming out my name." He chuckles at the end of it.

"Well you just ruined a perfectly good moment" I state with the semblance of disgust in my voice, he chuckles and walks towards me, sitting opposite me on the bed.

"But it's true" he smiles cheekily at me. I groan and throw myself into the pillows, all my previous anger and other emotions washed out of me, now I'm just tired and embarrassed. I feel movement on my right and feel Xavier lay down next to me, he hesitates to put a hand on me, but eventually settled with his hand light situated around my waist.

"Can we start over?" He whispers, believing that if he were to speak any louder, than this moment would be shattered like glass.

"Sure, although nothing can top this first encounter" I reply, to shun he chuckles at. Slowly breathing in and out he speaks.

"Hi"

"Hi" I smile.

He chuckles and pulls me closer towards him. His warmth coupled with the comfy bed and his scent, lull me to sleep, it was in the throes of half awareness where I heard him utter one last word before unconsciousness claimed me.

"Mine"