6. [Isabella]

My brother balled his fists as he shook his head at me. The sound of his heavy sneakers hitting the floor caused both Amanda and I to take a step back as he made his way towards us. The muscles in his neck strained with every step he took.

Amanda was smart and quickly ran towards the stairs, probably heading to my room and therefore, escaping. Great! Just leave me alone with my crazy brother, why don't you?

"H-Hey John! How c-come you're here—I-I mean it's not like I don't want you here! I was just wondering wh—!" I let out a yelp as my brother marched in front of me, grabbed my hand with an iron grip, and dragged me towards the staircase.

"W-what are you doing?" I demanded, as I tried to struggle out of his hold. Unlike me, he was very athletic and way stronger than me. So, as much as I wanted to run away, I couldn't. "John, where are we going?" I asked, as we continued heading up the stairs.

"Up to my room," he said, shortly. Once we reached his room, he pulled me inside, shutting the door behind him. He let go of my hand and looked directly at me. "Now, we're going to talk."

"You seriously didn't have to pull me up here though. I could have followed you if you wanted to talk," I said as I glanced down at the ground.

"No. If I didn't, you would've bolted like Amanda did," he said, his voice softening.

"Okay fine . . . I probably would have." I fidgeted with my fingers. "So . . . um, why are you here?" I asked, finally meeting his eyes.

He frowned. "Bell, you know exactly why I'm here." He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and continued, "Mom called. She said she was worried about you. Said some kids were torturing you. I know how those kids are Bell, and I'm not letting them hurt you again," he said, smiling slightly at me before he pulled his lips into a thin line. "First thing tomorrow, I'm going to pay them a visit."

I moved out of his hold. "John, you can't beat up the entire school."

"I can try," he offered.

"Seriously?" I sighed. Sometimes, he can be so dramatic. "And besides, they weren't torturing me, just pulling a stupid prank. How'd you get here anyway?" I asked.

He shrugged with a silly grin on his face. "Oh, I don't know, perhaps by technology they invented years ago . . . hmm, oh yeah cars?"

I laughed. John had always been the spur of the moment kind of guy, so I wasn't all that surprised that he'd shown up. Honestly though, I was happy he was here.

"Right, but you didn't have to come here, you know. I'm fine."

He rolled his eyes at me and gave my shoulder a squeeze. "No, you're not. You were crying, and don't give me any of that crap saying you weren't. Mom told me everything already."

"Fine, I was crying," I admitted, "but I'm okay now, alright? And you can't expect to pop up every time I cry, otherwise you'll never finish school."

"Yeah, sure."

"Sarcasm noted." I smiled.

He returned one of his own after letting go of his scowl. "I'm serious, Bell, I don't want to worry about you constantly being bullied," he said into my hair as we hugged.

"John, I'll be fine, okay?"

"Okay." He sighed, running his hand through his blonde locks. "I still can't believe Thomas would do something like that. He was always so nice to me, and so was Rachel. I had no idea they were like this," he trailed off as he couldn't find the words to describe his old classmates.

"Of course they were nice to you. They all worshipped the ground you walked on," I replied.

"Yeah, but you're my sister, they should've known better."