The Blue-Eyed Runaway - Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

 I don’t listen to the same kind of music

I’m not asking you to listen with me

But if you can’t accept me for that reason

That is what makes me sick

 I am who I am

I don’t care what you think of me

I won’t change for no one

Say that you don’t like me

And let’s see if I give a damn

 I never chose this life

Someone chose it for me

People say, if you don’t like it

End it with a knife

 Just like you I hate my life

But I won’t end it with a knife

And I won’t end it with meth

So don’t waste your breath”

She played a couple more accords and it got deadly quiet. Oh My Jizz. Before I could stop myself, I opened the door and started clapping like a mad man. It took me a few seconds to realize that I was the only one clapping. Everyone was looking at me like I was Big Foot.

“What? She’s good! Right Mrs Brady?” It seemed like I snapped her out of a trance when I said her name.

“Oh, yes! That was amazing, Samantha! I didn’t know you had it in you. You always seem so shy. From now on I’ll make sure you sing more often! What do you guys think?” she gestured to the rest of the class. It was quiet for a little while until someone screamed,

“Emo dwarf!” Everyone started laughing.

“Go cut yourself!”

“Use meth!” As they started screaming more hateful things at her, anger started boiling up in me. When I looked at Sam I saw hurt but when she noticed I was looking at her she hid her eyes with her hair. Mrs Brady was desperately trying to calm them down.

“Yeah, go and hide your creepy blue eyes you freak. Blue-Eyed freak!” They all started to chant blue-eyed freak and just when I was about to blow up Mrs Brady did something I did not expect from her petite frame self.

“SHUT UP!!” Everyone went quiet. “We do NOT laugh at someone! I bet that no one here could do better than her. Anyone who even TRIES to harm her in ANY kind of way, be it physically or mentally, has to stand up against me. Capiche?!” That small lady sure has a big voice. She’d be perfect for a screamo band. And I’ll be the bass player or drummer and Sam would- No! Bad Alex. Stay focused!”

“That’s threatening!” whined Sarah. “I could sue you for that.”

“Yes, you could,” said Mrs Brady. “But do remember, it’s my word against yours.” She gave Sarah the scariest glare that I have ever seen. If that glare was directed at me, I would wet myself. “Let  me tell you this. Music is here to be appreciated and not to be laughed at. Especially not at someone who’s a very shy person and probably took a lot of courage to that. She doesn’t like it and you wouldn’t like it,” she said with a much friendlier tone. “Can I expect that you all no longer will laugh at a         classmate?” A few heads nodded yes. “Good. Samantha, you can sit at your place again. Sarah your next.”

Mrs Brady seems like a nice lady. And passionate too and someone you shouldn't mess with. There should be more people like her.

After we heard all the lyrics of all of the students, Mrs Decks began to speak.

“Now that we’re done with that, Mr Decks, what were you doing here again?”

 “Oh well, I was free this hour so I went to explore the school and then I heard music that sounded very good,” I said the last part as I was looking at Sam. She blushed. How cute!

Mrs Brady smiled. “Do you play by any chance an instrument?”

“Yes, I play guitar, bass and drums.” Where is this going?

“Well, my second assignment was to make a melody to go with the lyrics they made.” I heard a few groans. “The best would’ve performed on the winter formal. But we’re not that far yet and I thought it would be very difficult for the students that can’t play an instrument so we wanted to make groups and spread them over the music teachers here. They would help them to make a solo song and a group song. The winner will not only perform but will also win a price.” The students became like gorilla’s that ate bananas with coke in them after they heard the word 'price'.

“What is it?”

“Is it a shopping gift card?”

“Tickets to see Justin Bieber?!” (gross)  

“Haha, the price isn’t decided yet but do expect a real price. Not some lame ‘satisfying feeling of winning’,” said Mrs Brady. “See that as a bonus. Mr Decks-.”

“Alex.” I cut her off. She chuckled.

“Alex, we have a shortage on music teachers so I wanted to ask you if you wanted to lead a group?”

“Do I get to choose who will be in my group?” I asked.

“No. We want to make the groups as fair as possible.”

“Well, I’m not sure if I’m able to do a good job but count me in!” I always liked a good and fun competition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I named the song that Sam played The Chosen Life ;) (There's no music that goes with it unfortunately)