Chapter 1

This chapter includes a bit of sexual content. It isn't a lot, or too significant, but it's there. Fair warning. 

Chapter 1

Prince Nixon Edington

I was lying down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Many things were running through my head and I only wished to have my mind cleared off.

Today had been a rough day. The guard had been doing surveillance for 24 hours, hoping to catch the Rogues that had trespassed into The Island.

My father, current King of The Island of Wolves, was what I considered- on the passing. Not only did his ideas seem dull, but they were bringing nothing new to the packs.

My mind was on the King and Alpha title that was knocking at my door. In nine months, I would turn 21 and inherit the Throne.

The pressure in itself set in, but the honor of finally stepping in for my father was what aided my patience with the kingdom at the moment.

A knock on my door distracted me from my line of thought.

“Go away,” I said, not needing to raise my voice any higher. The person at the other side of the door would be able to hear me.

“Prince Nixon, may I come in,” a woman’s voice said. I stared at the door, deciding if taking care of my necessities was worth hearing unwanted gossip.

“I know you must be tired. If you let me come in, I can make you feel better,” she said.

I chuckled, not really agreeing with her.

“Come in,” I told Ashlyn either way.

In plain words, she was what most would consider, easy. I had no interest in her, other than taking care of my needs. Some shifters in the kingdom thought one day I would actually take her as my Queen. I laughed in my mind that such a thought would run through them, but nonetheless- I didn’t break the rumor.

“Are you tired, my prince?” She asked, in a seductive voice. She was wearing a short dress- see through from what I noticed. I stared at her, feeling myself getting aroused from her image. Ashlyn was decent looking. My wolf was satisfied after being with her, but that was all it ever was.

“Undress,” I ordered, not wanting to waste time with pleasantries. I wanted one thing from her, and one thing only.

Ashlyn started undressing, walking into bed where I laid. She was swaying her hips as she walked. I wanted to laugh, finding her behavior ridiculous.

Once she got near the bed, I grabbed her by the waist and laid her down. She yelped from my sudden rough movement, but didn’t say anything else after that. I got on top of her, moving her hands over her head when she tried to wrap them around me.

In that moment, I let more of my wolf take over as I thrust into Ashlyn and let all the stress of the day out.

As soon as I finished, I kicked Ashlyn out of my room, not wanting her near me. She acted offended, like she did every time I made her leave. I simply stayed quiet, staring at her.

When she received no reaction from me, she stomped out of my room and finally gave me some peace. I turned over on the bed, and decided my body was in need of rest.

Tomorrow I would leave The Island. My orders were to track the stray Rogues that were suspected of attacking us.

Rumor was that the Rogues were planning an attack that would destroy The Island. We had fourteen packs and I was sure there was no way they could take out all the Wolves we had. But, we still needed to handle things with caution.