Chapter 15- Conquer The World

Chapter 15

Conquer the world

Okay, so maybe i shouldn't have walked away from her, she was just trying to be nice and then i ran out like a jerk. Uhh, when is this day going to end? I've got to find Sophie, yet I'm standing outside of the entrance to the school, still, like an idiot. But why was i so afraid to walk in? Was it because i had a feeling something bad was going to happen, or just because of what happened today? Maybe I'm just being a looser? Heck knows, but i know for sure that i wasn't about to let these people stop me. Stop me from having my dreams become reality, i need to stick up for myself and stop being an idiot. Ok, here it goes.

I opened the door and stepped through, feeling my heart thump harder than a drum, being beaten the crap out of. My breath quickened at the sight of everybody staring at me, every eye stopping dead in my tracks as i stepped through the doors and briskly walked towards the lunch hall. Was this my death? Was i going to die by getting beaten up by some homophobic teenagers? Was i just being paranoid like i always am? All i knew was that I'm not going to back down this time, unlike last the time, i have friends by my side. It might not be as many, but i still have someone fighting by my side. Someone who understands me and gets who i am, not trying to question it like everybody else.

The first time i met Sophie was when i was about 6 years old, we were in primary school fighting over who got to have the biggest piece of cake, of course she got the biggest piece. The next time i saw her, we were fighting over some toy trucks, she stole my red one of course and i wasn't about to let her steal my stuff again. So i took them back, two days later. I couldn't see it, but back then we did have a lot in common and we understood each other more than we understood ourselves.

Of course we were only six years old, we wasn't about to start throwing feathers and start jumping over rainbows any time soon. However, a couple of years later, i met a boy called Hayden, he was my first crush, he was kind of cute if you ask me. But like most boys he didn't give a crap about how i felt, so he bullied me every single chance he got. Then there goes the famous line most parents say when you're crying over him, 'he only bullies you because he likes you'. Yeah okay, trying asking him that while he's putting glue in your hair.

I never found out if he actually did like me, want to know why? Well on one long summers day, Sophie came to the rescue and long story short, lets just say he never came near me again. After that day me and Sophie were like conjoint twins, we would practically share the same toilet. She knew everything about me, my whole life story up until we met. In a way, she was still one of my good friends, no matter where we go or whatever more friends we make.

I walked faster as i was about to reach the hall, inside was practically the whole school, sitting down and eating their lunch. Okay maybe not the whole school, but lets just say there were loads of people. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. I walked inside and immediately the whole lunch room was staring at me, i could hear whispers and giggles.

"Hey there you are, I've been looking everywhere for you" I heard from beside me, I turned to my left still petrified and smiled warmly.

"Hey Sophie" 

"Where have you been?" She asked, grabbing my hand and pulling me over to one of the tables ahead. I didn't recognize some of the people from that table, but who i did recognize, was a handsome guy from my art class. What's his name again? Oh yeah, Craig. That's the one. 

"No where" As i got closer i began to feel my nerves kick in again, its not like i haven't done this before. Come on Kate, you've been introduced to people before, its not like they're going to bite your head off.