Stumbling

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this next chapter! Continue to vote and comment and I'll continue to upload!

Love you and enjoy!

Sao xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Willow's POV)

The cool wind swept golden rays of hair across my vision. The suns hot breathe warmed my skin, even though I felt cold to the bone.

I ran my hands through the long grass as I say on my trusty log. The silence, except for the continuous sounds of nature, devoured me whole. It took me to a new place.

The sound of crunching footsteps awoke me from my peaceful daydream. I didn't have to turn around to know who I would find. It would always be him.

"I never thought I'd find you here, out of all the places". His voice swept over me like a warm blanket, caressing me.

"And why would you think that"? My voice rang out through the serenity.

"Because of all places, I thought that this was the one place no one knew about. I thought it was only, well I suppose, my slice of heaven."

"I found this place on the first day I arrived," I stared out beyond the lake, thinking back to the memory,"it seemed like the only place peaceful enough so that I could hear my own thoughts. I didn't know this place was already taken". I looked down to my clenched hands, seemingly trying to control myself.

I could hear him move closer, and I felt the old wood sigh as he sat down beside me. I was still looking at my hands when he began.

"I know what you mean. I've never brought anyone out here, just because of that fact alone. I thought, that if I ever should anyone this place, well, that it would lose it's 'touch'". He mimicked the inverted comas with his hands. A small smile stretched upon my face at the recognition of what he was saying.

After a couple of moments of silence Tai began again. "Look, coach wanted the team to meet up in about 10 minutes. That includes the both of us. Common, I'll walk with you".

We stood up from the log together and slowly made our way back to the common areas of the school.

We walked in silence, every so often bumping into each other, and our cheeks burnt with embarrassment.

It confuses me as to how I can hate him, and he can be my enemy, yet I still heat up after the slightest of touches.

We continued our way to the stadium, gracefully taking every step with a leap until we were at the top. Neither of us puffing as we were in season.

We stepped into the change rooms, the temperature decreasing slightly from the cold cement walls and metal lockers.

We continued down the pathway, striding next to each other until we ended up at the very end of the path; coaches room.

We both reached for the door handle at the same time, brushing hands in the process.

I pulled back as though I had been electrocuted, my hand burning from where he has slightly touched my palm.

At the same moment, Tai yanked his hand towards his chest also, almost as if he had felt it too. We stared at each other, until I reached for the door handle and stepped into the musky room.

I walked in, not looking my surroundings, until I noticed the whole team behind coach, and only Tai and I on the south side of the room.

"Sit". We were commanded once Tai had closed the door.