Perfection

• Dedicated to Society

Ⅱ For Society, which works in mysterious ways and which inspired me. Ⅱ

                                   ♛                    ♛                    ♛

❝Perfection isn't a disease; it's a quality, a feature, an attribute. It's a prominent characteristic which has been engraved into our minds for eternity; a distinguishing trait. It is the absence of impurity, a void in the place of any possible flaw - the feeling of wholeness that can only come from the knowledge that you are complete. It is impossible to resist its temptation or to indulge in it so easily. But one way or another you have to accept it as it is unescapable. It has been etched into the very fabric of life. Join us, for we are perfection.❞

                                   ♛                    ♛                    ♛

America has been divided into two factions, the cause being the inveterate compulsion that demands adequacy in all aspects of beauty: perfection. Two contrasting societies sectioned from each other, with one side completely altering themselves to achieve the aim their ardent desire for perfection is fuelling whilst the other loathes the very principle of it, preaching it as a wrong and sinful act formed by a lust for refinement.

Fleur Huxley is bound by her societies distaste for perfection. Lessons taught in an attempt to restrict this forbidden desire have been to no avail as covertly, Fleur can’t help but be entranced by it all. After America’s annual Supremacy day – a ceremony in which an individual is whisked away to a life in the perfection division - Fleur’s life takes a sudden turn into a world she isn’t familiar with.

With impending rebellions and a zeal for perfection inciting her actions, Fleur is slipped into a world of deceptive passion and ravishing beauty, a place in which dangerous secrets lie behind the most beautiful eyes.

But Fleur is oblivious to it all, persistent in her hunt for perfection but as haunting realities threaten the world she is enthralled by, will Fleur finally realise there is a dark side to perfection?

After all, in a passion-driven world built on deceit, how many sacrifices can you truly make on a quest for ultimate perfection?

Start date: December 2013 (25)

Status: Ongoing

Note: I know there are a few stories out there which share the concept of perfection or a dystopian setting where the goverment focuses on flawlessness. Please refrain from comparing my story to other writers on Wattpad as it is not fair on me nor them. Each writer has their own unique story, even if the concept may be slightly similar. This is going in its own exclusive direction. I hope you can give it a chance.

Imporant Note [PLEASE READ]: A lot of people are telling me that they like this 'prologue' or 'chapter' when in fact, it is not a chapter. Others are telling me that they feel like I need to add a summary to the story so readers can debate whether or not they would read it. Please listen when I say this, THIS IS A SUMMARY. I know it's a bit long but it is still a summary. Thank you.

© 2013-2014 by Sahil Javed. All rights reserved.