Sleeping Beauty

It’s warm where I’m lying and I can clearly hear the strong and steady beat of Sam’s heart. I move in closer to him. His arms tighten around me.

“What’s your favourite colour?” I ask, starting with something easy.

“Your eyes,” he murmurs into my hair. My heart skips a beat.

“You’re taking the piss.”

He shakes his head adamantly, “since the day we were mated the only colour that I have loved is grey. The colour of a clear surface of a full moon. The colour of your eyes.”

“Your turn,” I whisper, breathless.

“What’s your favourite colour?” he returns the question.

“I have nothing romantic to say...” I answer back.

“I’m not looking for anything romantic,” he replies with another kiss to my head.

“Red.”

“It’s pretty.”

I nod, agreeing and bite my lip, “do you want to do anything after graduation?”

“Jett, I really don’t think you realise that all my interests, hopes, dreams, desires... they revolve around you. I don’t want to do anything with my life unless it involves you.”

I am speechless, “How am I meant to compete with these answers?” I ask, finding my voice.

“You’re not meant to. Now my turn... Do you ever think you could love me?”

I prop myself up on my elbow and look at him directly in his beautiful green eyes, “why do you think I’m playing twenty questions? I want to get to know you and not the lust that this mate thing entitles. I love you. I just want to know why.”

He smiles sadly and pulls me back down to his chest. “You don’t want to know, babe.”

Babe.

“Why?”

“Because I haven’t been the nicest person in my life,” he says in a low voice, as if ashamed. I kiss his nose.

“You seem plenty nice to me.”

He chuckles, “You’re stuck with me either way. My turn I believe?”

We continue this game for more than two hours. I found out that Sam’s mother is deceased like mine, but when I tried to ask him why, he stiffened and changed the subject. I had let it drop. In his own time he’d tell me. He told me about his best friend, Felicity, and how he thinks she’ll understand about our mating. He also tells me that from the day that I left to the day that he found me again he had had dreams of me... dreaming.

He was dreaming of these images and events that have never happened to him.

But happened to me. He knew me before he met up with me again. And I can’t help the pang of guilt when I can’t say the same. That I have to play a lousy game of twenty questions to get to know him. Eventually it grows late and my eyes begin to drift close. I fight to keep them open.

“Jett, go to sleep.”

I shake my head, “You’ll be gone when I wake up.”

“I’m not leaving.”

Those are the last words I hear before I fall asleep.

I wake up the next morning with something tickling my nose. I scrunch my nose up and open my eyes to see a head of soft blonde hair resting on my chest. Sam’s hands are balled up into fists and tucked under his chin. His face is scrunched up in a cute way. I notice his legs draped over mine and I wonder how we came to be in this position. I place my arm around him and pull him more so onto my chest. I smile at his cute expression and just look at him. He looks innocent and vulnerable in his sleep. Like he looked earlier by the front door when I was the one looking down on him. It made me feel like I had to protect him. That I still do. Sam’s eyes slowly open and he smiles as soon as he sees me.

“Morning sleeping beauty,” I murmur to him and he snuggles into me.

“Morning,” he yawns and smiles sheepishly, “You’re really comfortable.”

“So I have never been told,” I smile. I sit up and Sam groans.

“Spoil sport, I was comfortable,” he runs a hand through his bed head hair.

“You look so cute,” I comment and he scowls.

“I thought I was to be the romantic one here,” he tells me.

“Oh my how the tables have turned,” I lean down to him and place a soft kiss on his lips. My heart skips a beat as I think of something.  Should I do it? I think the real question is will I do it... 

I hear the bang of a door.

Then speedy footsteps coming up the stairs.

Sam rolls out of the bed, pulling the blankets with him and rolls under, wrapping himself in them to mask his scent I presume. Surely enough Dad’s head pops around the room. He looks at me in the bed with only pants on and no blanket. He scrunches his eyes together.

“Bad night?”

“Yeah... nightmares,” I spit out as an excuse. Dad shrugs.

“Jett, I’m sorry for not being around lately,” he walks in and sits down beside me, directly on top of Sam.

My pulse quickens.

“But I’ve been really busy with the pack and what not,” he looks down at his hands, “they all really want to meet you.”

“And I really want to meet them!” I try and hurry this along.

He smiles, “I’m glad you have some optimism in this, Jett. They’ll be like a family.”

“Sounds great.”

He stands back up, “I’ll be back late, okay? More business to attend to.”

I nod as if I understand and he leaves without a word. There’s a few minutes silence until Sam rolls out from underneath the bed... to lie directly in between my legs. He looks baffled as to how he came out that way. I chuckle.

“You’re cute when you’re confused.”

“Hush up,” he wriggles out fully. I pull him up the rest of the way to sit on my lap. He hooks his arms around my neck.

“Sam...?” I hesitantly ask.

“Yes, Jett.”

“I’m going to go for a shower, is that okay?” I ask, gulping.

“Of course. I’ll um wait here,” he sidles off of my lap. I pull him back on.

“No... I mean would you like to um have one with me?”  

*

I hope you liked this chapter! 

For the next one... you perverts should get your cameras out.

Yes I know. A shower scene. But I've always wanted to write one... they seem so sexy... *visualises* BAD JETTY! (; *fans self*

Vote limit for the next chapter: 35. 

The beautiful banner at the side was made by secret_dont_tell_Xx. THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

This song makes me cry everytime I hear it and it reminded me so much of our lovers here... I hope you think so too. 

And I have a question for you for you to answer in the comments: 

Who would you like to see be the dominant one and why? 

Love you guys <3