The Angel Of Hell

WARNING!

This story has references to heaven and hell and may offend some religious readers. I have taken no references from the Bible, the Quran and any other religious texts (except for the names which are commonly used). All parts of the story are purely fictional, but if some of you are still disturbed by the idea, don't read on.

Other than that, I hope you like the story. :D

******************************************************************************************************************************

Prologue

“I can’t do anything to stop him. If we are to prevail in this mission, I most definitely cannot physically intervene-”

“But you must! You are the only one who will avoid any suspicion.”

“Yes, but my father trusts nobody… not even his own son. Even I am unaware of his entire plan and to try to interfere with no concrete knowledge will lead to disaster!” The intensity in his eyes was enough to convince everyone in the room, but no one was willing to acknowledge the truth.

All at once everyone started protesting and he knew it would soon lead to utter chaos. The fear his father instilled in everyone was too great for anyone to question his motives; and yet, they all wanted to stop him.

Enough!” A voice boomed and everyone instantly fell silent. “Running around like headless chickens will get us nowhere. What the boy says is true; he is the only one close enough to Him to gather any information what-so-ever. If the boy starts acting suspicious, he may very well be thrown out of Hell and we’ll lose the only lead we have had.”

Everyone went silent as no one dared argue with the truth. It would be unwise to risk the exposure of the only informant they had. This was a delicate mission that required the utmost ingenuity, where the smallest mistake would lead to complete failure.

“I have to head back now,” the boy spoke steadily. “My father – Satan – will be expecting me.” He shuddered. His form started shimmering and slowly faded away, leaving nothing but a faint outline of mist in his wake. The eyes of everyone around him bored into him as he left. 

Fear can be described as an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. Currently, each member of the room  was experiencing that dreaded emotion, itching to eradicate its cause.

Unfortunately, in some cases, fear also demolished our ability to act, and perhaps, that was their greatest fear.