Smoking

-Next day, 12:15-

I tucked my hands underneath my arms hugging my body tightly attempting to keep warm as I quickened my pace and made my way across the cemetery grounds. A smile tugged at my lips as I caught sight of my tree, there standing underneath, looking rather cold and smoking a cigarette, was Josh.

"Busted." I piped as I walked up, Josh smirked turning his face up away from me to blow out a stream of smoke.

"I was beginning to wonder if you were gunna show." He said shooting me a smile that I couldn't help but return.

"Sorry, my brothers sent Cat by the house to check on me to make sure I was staying home so I had to wait until she left."

Josh nodded before taking another drag from his cigarette. "Your brothers didn't want you meeting me."

I shook my head, "No, it wasn't that they didn't want me meeting you, they just didn't want me leaving at all."

"And yet...here you are," Josh mused.

"I had to get out, I have been cooped up in hospital rooms and the house for days...I'm about to lose it."

"Fair enough."

"So...smoking," I said awkwardly running my hands over my arms attempting to keep warm.

"Yup," Josh said nonchalant before blowing out a stream of smoke and jutting the cigarette in my direction. "Wanna try?"

I furrowed my brow, "No thanks."

"Oh come on...all the cool kids are doing it." Josh said, a smirk tugging at his lips. I hesitated biting on my lip as I locked eyes with Josh. "I'm KIDDING Jonas...you better not fucking smoke I will kick your ass!"

My eyes widened in shock, "Well, you are hardly one to be lecturing me about not smoking."

"I beg to differ," He said snubbing his cigarette on the ground "I think since I am the one addicted to cigarettes I'm the perfect person to be lecturing you."

"Touche," I said shooting him a smile, "So if you know they are so bad, why do you smoke?"

"It's how us rich kids rebel don't you know," Josh said leaning against the large tree. "See, Mommy and Daddy can buy you out of trouble, but they can't stop you from destroying your body...sex, drugs, tattoos."

"Drugs," I repeated slightly surprised.

Josh nodded, "Not anymore, but yea...lots of drugs. Pot mostly but I did drop acid once or twice and I did x a few times at parties."

I nodded pretending to understand, truth was I was far too sheltered to know what any of those were besides pot. "And...sex." I questioned, not really wanting to know.

"X makes you very....touchy-feely," He said sheepishly, clearly not proud.

"Oh," was the only response I could utter as my brain rapidly processed all the new information.

"Still think I'm a good guy?" Josh challenged as if he was sure he had finally made me see the light.

"Yea," I nodded locking eyes with him, "I do."

Josh cocked a brow, "Well, you are more forgiving than most."

I shrugged and walked over leaning against the tree next to Josh. "I just believe in judging someone for who they are, not what they have done."

"Wish your brothers felt that way," Josh muttered digging at a patch of dirt with his shoe.

"My brothers feel that you are bad news and that you have an agenda." I admitted.