Chapter 3- Olivia's Game part 1 (edited chapter)

Pain and Pleasure: 

All Rights Reserved

Copyright © 2012 Whitney T. Hines
This book may not be reproduced, transmitted, or stored in whole or in part by any means, including graphic, electronic, or mechanical without the express written consent of the publisher except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

This books last chapter will only be available on Wattpad for view for a limited time only.

************************************************************

Chapter 3: Olivia's Game part 1

Drama class was everything I thought it would be and more. The teacher was great and extremely dramatic, which made the class period even more fun. I was lucky enough to arrive just when they were going to be doing one of my favorite plays, Romeo and Juliet. The class had been informed that if any of us wanted to audition for a part in the play we should be at school an hour early on friday morning.

After this information was announced, the drama teacher passed out the scripts to everyone before giving us permission to talk amongst ourselves. Picking up my script, I began to read over the overview. I was not sure if I wanted to try out for a spot in the play or not, I thought I should wait awhile, just until I’m here longer.

Just then there was a tap on my shoulder, and I looked to the side where the tapping came from. It was Olivia smiling at me, which seems like something she does quite often. Olivia pointed to the script I was holding, "Why don't you audition? Just because your new doesn't mean you shouldn't try," she said and I gave her a surprised look. It's as if she knew just what I was thinking.

Before I could give her a reply, Emma, her friend on the other side of me spoke up, "Olivia give the girl some space. If she doesn't want to try out she doesn't have to," She said before looking over at me, "Sorry for my friend over here, she likes to say the first thing that pops into that head of hers," Emma said the last part while glancing back at Olivia making Olivia roll her eyes.

Finally, finding my voice I turned back to Olivia, "I don't know, I was just thinking I should wait till I get more comfortable with being in a new school and all. Plus, there's probably like a bunch of people that try out for these plays and I probably won't get the part I want anyway," I started to ramble, making myself look like a nervous mess.

Right after my statement Ava, the one to the other side of Emma, spoke up with a smug grin on her face, "Hey maybe the new girls got a point there. She wouldn't want to embarrass herself," I just stared at her with narrowed eyes and was about to retort when Emma spoke up again.

"Whatever Ava, are you scared that someone else might get the lead role instead of you?" when she said that Olivia covered her mouth with her perfectly manicured hand and softly giggled while I tried to conceal a grin.

Ava turned to Emma and Olivia and gave them both a death glare before turning her attention back to the guys, who had huddled up having their own conversation. 

"Don't worry about Ava, she's like that towards everybody," Emma said in a nonchalant way, so I just blew off her rude remark as well; it was not that big a deal.

Just when I was about to turn back around in my seat to continue reading the scripted, one of the guys, Ian, stopped his conversation with the two other guys and got my attention, "So new girl, your from Sacramento, eh?" I nodded my head in return, as the one sitting next to him, named Aidan, started to speak.

"Did you leave any boyfriends behind in Sacramento, maybe I could help you get over them," he said this with a mischievous smirk on his lips.

I turned directly towards him and gave a grin, I saw what he was trying to do, but it was not going to work, "Nope, no boyfriend with a broken heart back in Sacramento, why did you want me to hook you up with one?" I said jokingly, showing him that his little question did not bother me.