Is She MY Mate?

Lyra Pov

I don't know what to do my homework is due tomorrow and I hate asking my brothers. I guess I have no choice but to ask mom, dads going to be home soon so I have to ask her now.

"Mom?"

"Yes dear?"  Mom asked, by the sounds of it she was getting dinner ready.

"What can you tell me about....mates and the mating process?" I said quietly

"Why?" Oh no that Mom/Alpha tone.

"For school. We have to write a paper on mating, asking family only and I don't want to wait for dad." I answer quickly.

"Oh Hun why not ask one of your brothers?" I start to pout.

"Call and ask Jace or Jake, or try to get a hold one of my many siblings, No thanks." I start to walk away.

"Wait, sit down and ask away."

So I do as I'm told.

After about 2 hours, and a weird dinner, dad didn't know why i was asking about mates. My homework was done, I found out the boys were still at a party, one I will be at soon enough.

"Mom where's Seth, Josh, Jace and Jake?" asking about my twin brothers, and 5 and 1 year old brothers.

"At Uncle Trent's, he's taking us camping tomorrow don't you remember?" I forgot we got to go to Trent's only when his alpha says yes.

"Are they staying the night?"

"Yes Lyra why do you ask?"

"I want to get my time on the Xbox 360, I have not been online in a while." I had to lie if mom, No, If dad found out I was sneaking out he would personally kill me.

I'm only 15, I know they don't want me to drink. Also they didn't want me to have a boyfriend, which I got.

He's my mate, Max, he's 17 and he was sneaking me into the party, were going to get drunk.

"Well I'm going to play, maybe an hour, Ill be up early, so I can play with Natalie around  midnight." I said

"Why so late?"

"She's on a trip remember?"

"Oh forgot"

"Ok well night"

"Night"

I didn't even get on, Nat would be at the party. Another little lie, she got back yesterday. So I got ready, it's 6:50 he will be picking me up in 10 Min's. As if on cue he texted me.

Hey babe I'm here.

Ok

I quickly texted back and finished my hair, doing lite make up I was done. Locking my door I head to my window and open it.

I quickly but quietly started out my window, glad I had a balcony. I fell and he caught me. Such a gentleman.  So we got into his car, went the 2 blocks and parked at his house. The party is his best friends, His birthday party.

It looked like the whole young half of the pack was here, well I can tell that they are, everyone knew Daniel. He's the next Robin Williams.  next thing I know were heading in.

"Hey sexy, want to have fun tonight? Just you and me?" this ugly skank asked Max, he nods his head at me, he's shy, so she turns to me.

"Can I borrow your hot sexy brother for a few?" she has a nasally voice.