Chapter 16

Alexis's phone beeped and she grabbed it, scanning her new text.

"Crap I forgot that my grandma was coming over. I'm sorry but I can't sleep over tonight, gotta go," she said while standing up.

"Oh okay. Bye," I said.

As she walked out I turned to Shi and said," I guess it's just you and me."

She nodded and a giant smirk came apon her face. "What's wrong with you," I asked.

"I've been wanting to talk to you," she said.

"Okay...," I said confusingly.

"I have a friend who is dating this guy I like. Do you think she wouldn't go through all the trouble and just dump him if I told her to," she asked.

I stared at her for a while, thinking about what to say. "Well if she really likes him then she will fight for him but if she is just doing it because he asked then she will probably dump him for you. Who is this girl and guy anyway," I asked.

"Not sure if I should tell you."

"Come on were friends. You can tell me," I said.

"No. You'll find out when I start dating the guy," she said. I nodded okay.

"Want to paint our nails," I asked her, grabbing my nail polish bag from my desk.

"Sure."

"Wow your really good. I have marks all over my toes that I need to wash off," I said, laughing.

"Ha ha yeah. I paint my nails a lot so I guess I'm just good at it," she said.

I yawned loudly then asked her," Are you tired?"

"Yeah. Let's go to bed," she said.

"Okay. First I need to blow dry my toes. While I'm doing that, would you mind grabbing some water," I asked.

"Sure. Tap or bottled," she asked while opening my bedroom door.

"Either one."

****Shi's POV****

I walked out of her room quietly, hearing noises in the kitchen. Once I spotted who it was my face lit up. Devin was standing there, drinking cold milk.

"Hi Devin," I said, hoping he didn't hear me squeal.

"Hello...," he forgot my name.

"I'm Shi," I said while reaching out my hand.

He grabbed it then my instincts took over. I pulled him to me and kissed him. For a while he kissed back, but then pulled away when there was a sudden scream. I turned quickly and there was Vanessa. Ha I told her she would find out sooner or later. Yes you may be thinking what kind of friend am I but I only joined the group so I could get to Devin.

"It's not what it looks like, I was trying to pull away but she wouldn't let me," he said quickly. I stared at him shocked.

"Liar," I screeched.

"Don't listen to her," he said.

"I gave you one more chance and you break it the day after! How could you," she yelled.

Tears were pouring down her face. In a way I felt bad but she didn't know the real me. I was that type, the head cheerleader, mean type, and I'm not afraid to admit it. You have to admit though, I'm a great actress! Her eyes were all pink and puffy by now, just waiting there for him to talk so I broke the silence.

"Now if you don't mind. I'm going to leave. See you tomorrow Devin," I said deviously. I walked out the doors of her house feeling accomplished.

*****Devin's POV****

I stood there quietly trying to think of what to say. Why did I not pull away? Ugh I hate this.

"I'm so sorry," I finally said.

"Sorry? I forgave you and then you broke that forgiveness," she yelled.

Her eyes were pouring out tears, making me feel bad for a crime I didn't commit.

"She did it though! I didn't do anything wrong," I yelled.

"Yes you did! Is it true that you didn't pull apart at first," she asked agrily.

I couldn't lie. "Yeah but just because I was shocked! I promise," I said helplessly.

"My point! Your a player and will always be," her words hurt.

That's what I was back then but now I'm a changed person.

"I guess my past player side took over for a second but I'm back," I said.

"I don't think we are going to work out anymore. This is a sign. We both need to move on," she then turned around on her heel and stomped back to her room, leaving me there. Is it true though? Are we not meant to be together?

**********************

I thought we needed another drama scene so I came up with that and other point of views. There might be about 8 more chapters of this book left or maybe more not sure yet.

Teaser: Devin and Vanessa become just friends, but when Devin can't handle it anymore he packs up and leaves. : )

Please fan, vote, or comment on what you thought.