Chapter 8- Feel

Loki watched me with a smile as I used my fire for mischief. He chuckled as we watched the old woman shriek and leap into the air.

"You're extraordinary and rather hypocritical." He chuckled and I pouted.

"Hypocritical? How so?"

"The other day you scolded me for freezing a puddle that a couple was walking on and watching as their feet got caught in it."

"That was mean!" I pointed out and he cocked an eye brow.

"Ok, just a bit hypocritical." I said using my thumb and index finger to show how small I meant.

"Just a bit," he mocked my gesture and walked forward, he wrapped his arms around my waist. He pressed a kiss on my lips and then went for another one when I turned my head, making his lips land on my cheek.

"Not here, there's kids around!" I scolded him and ran away, Loki chasing after.

I jolted upright, panting. No way did I just have that kind of dream with... he who shall not be named.

Loki was sitting in his chair panting like I was, he noticed me noticing him and straightened up.

"Sorry, just snoozed off and had a dream." He said and I scratched my head. It was seven at night.

"Me too," I pushed the covers off and went to stand up.

"What are you doing?" Loki asked me in an accusing, nervous voice.

"Relax, I just need to pee." I said bluntly and wobbled over to the bathroom.

My muscles were weak and sore from the lack of use this past week. I haven't really had the chance to walk since Loki had told me what happened, he had meant it when he said he'd stay here to make sure I didn't move. Because he's been there for literally every day, he occasionally excused himself for the restroom, or speak with Odin and Thor, but other then that. Nope. No 'me' time.

When I was done, I turned on the faucet and washed my hands, I used my fire to dry them. I didn't get lightheaded or nauseous. I studied my hands for a while, seeing how long I could go before the side effect took over. It had been roughly, eight minutes until there was a knock on the door.

"Aria?" Loki asked and I quickly put out my hands by myself. Admiring my new talent.

"Yup?" I asked and turned off the faucet.

"That water has been running for a while, how long does it take you to wash your hands?" He asked suspiciously.

"Never can be skimpy when it comes to hygiene." I open the door with a smile and a wink, "but in this case I was catching my hands on fire. I'm fine, healthy, healed, top notch, ready to go."

"Not happening."

"Not stopping me, this time at least." I said and stretched before shoving past Loki to get to the door. I opened it and strolled out, "I'm not going to stress my powers though."

Powers, sounds so weird, and very... annoying.

"Aria stop!" Loki called and when I didn't I heard him growl in annoyance, he jogged up to me and began walking side by side.

"You need a shower." He said and I looked at him offended.

"You didn't allow me one!" I crossed my arms over my chest, "how rude!"

"You're surprised?"

"No, not at all," I said matter- of - factly, "I thought you were the god of mischief and lies? Aren't you supposed to tell me I smell and look lovely this morning?"