Finally, It's Thursday

Chapter 8: Finally, It's Thursday

“Sum, I’m freaking out.” I paced nervously back and forth, receiving odd stares from people walking by. After seeing Sara today I couldn’t think of anything better to do so I waited very impatiently for Summer to get out of class. “Summer! Stop smiling this is not funny!” I yelled at her. She’s giving me that stupid I told you so grin. I really want to smack that look off her face right now.

“Actually, it’s a little funny,” Summer smirked.  “I’ve been counting the days since we all had dinner for you to realize how stupid and blind you are and I got to say, I’m quite impressed. I thought it would take much longer. ”

“Thanks Sum, that’s really what I need right now. How very comforting of you. Fuck!” I cursed grabbing my stomach. “I think I’m going to be sick.”

“Oh hush, stop being a baby. It happens to the best of us. I’m just glad you’re finally growing up and stopped slutting around with every girl you meet.”

“I just-I… I don’t know what to do. How am I supposed to feel right now? Everything I’ve ever believed in pretty much just slapped me in the face. I cried today Sum! Do you realize how insane that sounds? I cried over a girl that I barely even know. I’ve gone soft.”

“Ugh, I know what you mean. I went through the same thing with Jake. Sometimes you got to let your guard down and just suck it up. Stop being a pussy and follow your heart. I know it’s there, even if it’s buried deep inside,” Summer rubbed small circles on my back to comfort me. “You know what? I think this is good for you. You really needed to break down and just feel something for once. It’s time you stop thinking with your vag and get to know this girl. I think you guys could be could together.”

I just sat there completely silent trying to find a way to fight this, but I know I can’t. I would be dumb to deny my attraction to Sara. It’s more than physical. “We’re going to see a movie tomorrow,” I broke the silence.

“Yeah, Jake told me. You better not mess this up. This could be your only chance,” Summer smiled warmly and held my hand.

“You’re truly amazing Sum. Did you know that?”

“Yeah, but I can’t hear it enough.” We laughed and hung out a little longer until Summer had to leave for class.

‘Great, I have a Tagalog test in a few hours. I guess I better study.’

The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly. I took my test, which was surprisingly much easier than I thought it would be. Ms. Garcia seriously treats us like five year olds. The test literally had a picture matching and fill in the blank section. I think I at least got a B and I’m content with that.

Thursday Afternoon

After I left my last class of the day, twenty minutes early might I add, I rushed to my car so I could go home and get ready for my date. Wait…did I say date? I mean Sara and I’s movie hangout. It’s 5:45 which gives me a little less than an hour to get home and shower. I map quested the address Sara sent me yesterday and noticed that she’s only ten minutes away from my apartment, which is great. Let’s just hope I don’t get lest. I don’t want to be late.

I arrived at my building twenty-three minutes later which was seven minutes less than my estimated arrival. I’m pretty sure I broke several traffic laws along the way, but whatever. I didn’t get pulled over and that’s all that really matters. When I got to my apartment, I didn’t really have time to think so I just got my ass in the shower . At this point I have no time to waste.

Eight minutes later the shower was turned off. I quickly dried my hair and wrapped myself in the softest towel in the world. You know the ones that make you feel like you’re in heaven after you’ve already had an amazing shower? Yeah, these would give Oprah a run for her money. Literally. I heard that after she received her first big paycheck she bought amazingly soft towels. I definitely have her beat. Well anyway, finding an outfit to wear was a freaking nightmare. I really need to branch out when I go shopping and stop buying old band tees and v-necks.