22 My Brother's Beta

22 My Brother’s Beta

I've got a super-long apology + author's note at the end of the chapter, so.

Enjoy! (It's been a long time)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter Twenty-Two

Aaron told me to dress casually, and after two dress changes (“No heels, Beth,” and “Maybe not the skirt. I like it, but you’ll want some jeans on,”) I was ready to go. Bailey was making those cute little baby noises as I got her miniature Converse on. I’ve got to say, Kyle has taste in baby clothing.

Even though getting Alicia pregnant was a dumb idea, I can’t exactly put him for it when those cute brown eyes are looking up at me.

“Ready to go?” Aaron asked. I turned around, seeing him leaning casually against the door frame. Loose jeans hung on his hips, and a white shirt and open grey hoodie completed his look. He was smiling, watching as Bailey squirmed happily on Kyle’s bed.

“Yep,” I grinned back, picking up my niece gently and walking towards Aaron. “Where’re we going?”

“You’ll see,” he replied, placing a hand on the small of my back and leading me down stairs. Bailey’s pram awaited us at the bottom, and Aaron motioned for me to put Bailey in it.  “We’re walking,” he said.

“Oh,” was all I said, complying. Once Bailey was all buckled in, I grabbed my own cardigan and followed Aaron outside.

Aaron being a domestic guy was a sight to behold. He looked so content to just be pushing his God-daughter around, with a small smile on his face and a soft tint to his expression. I’d never seen him particularly terrifying before, but I knew he had the capability to whatever enemies he might face. He was usually just a happy neutral, maybe more bemused and humorous than anything.

I think I like Domestic Aaron the best.

I tried shaking off thoughts of him being a father – or, more specifically, of him being a father to our children – because it’s way too early for that. We’ve been together for only a little over a month. We haven’t even said the Big Three yet; or, rather, I haven’t. I’m not exactly ready for that yet.