Let The Fascination Begin

• Dedicated to My Younger Self

So yeah theis is dedicated to my younger five year old self who always wondered, when she lopped off the heads of poppy's, why white goo would come out rather than red... like ours. :) i Hope you enjoy this, i im actually going to finish this one i promise!!!

Susan Elaine Giles had always been fascinated by plants, how each and every one of them were beautiful in their own way. Some had a nice smell, while others just looked pretty, some had lovely shiny green leaves, While others looked tempting as to what the flowers might bring.

It was one of these plants sitting amidst her prize winning peonies that caught her attention. At first she thought it was a weed but due to her kind nature she let it live for another week, before revisiting it to see if it had changed any. It had. It looked even more intriguing than ever, with it's deep green leaves with tiny splashes of red and a small flower bud protruding at the tip.

Susan felt like she had a duty to grow as many of these peculiar plants as possible, she couldn't get enough. So, when she brought the secateurs to a leaf which was branching off, she got the weirdest feeling, a feeling of almost bad luck, that she shouldn't be cutting this plant. But, she put this feeling aside blaming it on a bad stomach. How ever Susan got a shock, as, when you normally cut a plant it sometimes secretes a white or clear liquid but not red. No not ever a red like the colour of blood. Susan almost felt pained, sorry for the plant of which she had just harmed but, she did get the cutting she so badly wanted and she put it straight into some water but not before dipping it in some rooting powder, just to give it a helping hand.

Susan never thought of the peculiar incidents again, until that night when she was tucked up in bed, going through her gardening books, of which she had gone over numerous times before, she was thinking of waht plant she could try next, Lilly's? Chinese Lanterns? When her thoughts trailed back to the plant outside. Susan fell asleep thinking about the plant,  and how she wondered what the flower would be like. When suddenly it started growing, bigger and bigger, each of the four branches morphing into longer, skin coloured tendrils? No that can't be right. The top of the plant turning black as hair started sprouting from it, she looked down. Now she saw arms and legs, at the the end of the legs, brown shoes emerging from the soil. Not believing her eyes Susan shut them tight, she counted for five seconds then opened them.

Her eyes met dazzling green orbs peering back at her, filled with confusion and worry. The plant, - a human being. Human really? Maybe not she thought. Squeesing her eyes shut for a second time, trying to force herself awake as this had to be a dream, she felt a gentle touch in her shoulder, a hand resting there just before she woke up she saw one more flash of green.

That was too much for Susan, quickly turning her light on she surveyed her room. That was odd, now wonder she was shivering, the bedroom window was wide open. "I don't remember having the widow open before i went to bed..." Susan pondered. When she went to close the window she noticed a few bits of soil on the ledge. 

After heading back to bed Susan decided she couldn't possibly get back to sleep and to be honest she didn't know if she wanted to, especially after the nightmare. So she decided to take a nice long hot shower. While she was waiting for the water to warm up, Susan thought she should go and clean up the soil off of her window ledge but, like when the old lady went to get the dog a bone, the cupboard was bare or in this case the window ledge. No trace of the soil at all. Susan wrote it off as her own overactive imagination and that she was just scared from her dream.

After climbing in the shower Susan tried to relax but every time she closed her eyes she would see green ones starring right back at her. Eventually she let her body melt into the warm water cascading down her body.

To Be Continued