Chapter 22

I giggled at Zane, who was telling me about his past experience at one of these events.Apparently he got way too drunk and danced on top of a table and stripped down his clothes. He got kicked out immediately by security.

"Bad ass," I chuckled. He grinned."Yeah my dad was not impressed actually I was grounded for weeks."

"It was quite the fun, the ladies didn't mind the show," he winked," The men didn't like it so much though."

"I wonder why," I chuckled."You should be a stripper." I suggested jokingly. 

"I would definitely consider that, ladies would love this," he motioned towards his body which I must admit was very nice. I laughed,he was funny and cocky. 

"I haven't seen you here before, I would have definitely notice you," he winked at me and I blushed a little.

"I came with my mom and her boyfriend, he's a lawyer." I replied. "Why do you come if it bores you?"

"Just for fun and free alcohol," he grinned. 

After that we talked about anything and everything, both getting to know eachother. He was easy to talk to and funny at that.

 I peaked around trying to see if I could find my mom and Carlos, she would not be happy if she caught me drinking. Lucky they were on the other side mingling with others. 

I wonder where Colton is I haven't seen him since he walked off. Searching I finally found him he was leaning against a table talking to a tall blonde who looked about our age. I gripped the glass that I was holding becoming angry at the sight before me. I could tell she was very interested in Colton, she placed her arm on Colton's shoulder and trailed down to his forearm. Colton didn't seem affected or didn't attempt to remove her hand infact he probably liked the gesture. 

"Another" Zane motioned towards a glass of wine. I nodded happily accepting it. I haven't been here for more then ten minutes and I wasn't enjoying it at all. 

"Thank you," I smiled up at Zane. He grinned taking a sip from his glass.

"Who's the guy?" Zane asked nodding at Colton. I was shocked at his question, I looked from him to Colton.

"You can't stop staing at him," he said looking down at me.

Was I really glancing over at him that much? God I feel bad here I am trying to have a decent conversation with a very goodlooking guy and all I seem to do is stare at Colton who has not once glanced over at me.

"Uh nobody," I lied nervously taking another sip from my glass.

"Liar, must be someone because you keep eyeing off the girl standing next to him." He smirked.

I hesitated answering thinking what I should say.

"Look it's none of my business I shouldn't have asked I can tell you don't want to talk about but I'm guessing you like him." he said.

I sighed nodding guiltily. "I did, well I still do but it's complicated," I confessed to Zane. He nodded understanding me.

"I've been in that situation, don't worry." He responded. I looked up at him to see that he was staring down at his empty glass. He picked up another and took a big gulp.

"Who's the girl," I asled him. He shook his head and took another sip of his drink. 

"God, I'm over wine why can't they have hard liquor. I need something strong." Zane complained draining the rest of his drink. "She's my ex," he said answering my question.

I nodded understanding. "Do you still like her." I asked him.

"No." he shook his head. "I'm still in love with her, but it's complicated."