Chapter 7

Megan's POV

"HEY MEGAN!! Are you even listening to me?" My best friend, Alicia screamed in my ear.

"Huh. What?" I said snapping out of my daydream about Ryder.

It's been four days since I've last seen him and I miss him like crazy.

"I said have you found your mate yet?" She asked with curiousity.

"Oh, well yes I have." I smiled.

"Oh my gosh!! Spill right now!!" She said.

"I think you broke my eardrums." I winced painfully.

"I don't care about that. Tell me about your mate." She said.

"Well, he's everything I ever asked for. He's like a sexy Greek god sent down from the heavens. His scent is spices and mint which drives me insane. Every time I think about him, sparks run through my body. He makes me feel so-" I rambled on but got cut off by Alicia.

"Wait. Who's your mate?" She asked.

"Ryder Harris." I replied.

Her mouth opened in shock and she began squealing.

"You're mated with him?! Meg, I'm so happy for you." She said excitingly.

"Thanks. Enough talk about me. What about you? Have you found your mate yet?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I meant to talk to you about that." She said staring at the floor sadly.

"Alicia, is there something wrong?" I asked her in a concerned tone.

It was only seconds before the burst into tears.

"I-I found my mate yesterday and he-he-he....... he rejected me!" She sobbed loudly.

"He what?! Alicia why didn't you tell me this from before? And plus you had to listen to me ramble on about my mate." I yelled.

"He rejected me. It turns out that he didn't want me because he thinks that I'm ugly and he doesn't want an ugly mate. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. I was holding in all the pain and sadness." She sobbed even harder.

Seeing my best friend like this made me very sad an upset. She was no where near ugly.

"Alicia, who's your mate?" I asked, my whole demeanor changing.

"Asher." She replied, still crying her eyes out.

"Asher Vermont as in the school's ultimate player, or Asher Churning as in the cute nerds guy?" I asked suspiciously.