Chapter 24

Zach's POV

I saw Tyra's jaw fall to the floor, not literally of course, but it was close. She hadn't expected me to do this, obviously. To be honest, I don't know if  had either.

I felt Dylan relax under my hands, putting his own on top of mine, caressing my skin. He looked up and I felt the tug of a smile reaching my lips when his beautiful light blue eyes pierced into me, leaving me slightly breathless.

My eyes shifted to his lips, still a bit swollen after our earlier wrestling games. He grazed his lower lips with his teeth and I almost hissed as the image ignited a flame inside of me. I was okay with being public, but I wasn't going to share anything with the nosy teenagers around us. He was mine, and as much as I wanted to show the world, I didn't want them to see everything.

"You finished eating?" I asked, hoping that he would say yes.

"Actually, I haven't started..." he replied and I would have lied if I said I wasn't disappointed. I wanted to steal him away, perhaps getting him into that closet again, feeling his hot skin under my hands.

I looked down in front of him and saw that he hadn't fetched any food yet. "So, where's your food?"

He actually blushed at that, and I couldn't wrap my head around why. He mumbled something inaudibly. 

"Babe, I'm getting you food, then you're going to eat it real quick, then I'll steal you away from here so that I can get you for myself for a while before classes start again," I whispered in his ear and smiled when I caught his response. He was shivering lightly, pupils dilating. That was enough to make me want to take back what I had just said. Food, who needs that?

"I'll get it myself. You want to sit with us for a while?" Dylan asked when he had regained his composure.

I looked at the two others and felt slightly uneasy about sitting at the table with Tyra, but I could handle it, or rather, I had to handle it since they were friends. I nodded at the other two and sat down, keeping my smile going although I knew it was a forced one. Dylan touched my hand in a reassuring gesture and walked away, leaving me behind with one person I knew from my past, and one person I'd never talked to.

"Hi Zach. I'm Seb," said the twink in front of me. He was cute, and I noted that he had this sincere look about him that made me relax a bit. He wasn't judging me, and it was an odd feeling. I was always judged, so how come this guy didn't?

"Hi," I answered, "...so what's up?"

"Nothing much, trying to get Dylan to go get his food, but you sort of sorted that, I guess..." Seb replied and went back to his food.

I looked over at Tyra and saw her looking at me. I couldn't really tell what she was thinking, but I could see that she was confused. In one way, I shouldn't be surprised, but it actually hurt a bit. I didn't need to be reminded that I was acting strange now when I was actually feeling better. I needed this chance, and she was going to give me one.

"You don't seem to like this very much, Tyra," I said.  I somewhat regretted that I'd pulled us to this point already, but there was no use dragging it out. We needed to talk about this before she stabbed me in the back, telling Dylan things I would rather tell him myself.

She sighed. "Zach, I don't like to be in the middle of something. If you're serious about Dylan then please tell him stuff before I can't keep it secret. I'm on his side in this you know..."

Well, at least she was honest. I had always liked that about her. "I'll talk to him soon, but you can't expect me to do it right away. I'm just getting to know him," I answered seriously. She seemed to think hard on my response for a while, not saying anything.