Chapter 2

The old man proudly walked outside with his catch of the day slung over his shoulder, out into the cold. It was a nice day, freezing, but nice. His catch was nice too. A big elk, or something similar to one. Should know by now what every animal around here is old man, he chuckled to himself quietly. This meat would last him days, but he wasnt entirely sure yet what the creature ate exactly, or if he could eat meat at all. He was plenty lean and thin. Looked like he could gain a few pounds.

The boy. Not creature. Gotta stop that. Hes just a boy. At least fifteen, at the most eighteen, it was hard for him to tell. He could be totally wrong.

He knew the boy wasnt really a boy, but a creature, but he had some shred of pure deceny. No one likes being called a creature, even if you are one.

The older male stopped and dropped his food on a tarp he had pegged to the ground, pulled his skinng knife from his boot, and started vigoursly tearing away the skin and fur. It had been a pretty animal. Strong, fast, muscular, plenty of fat, with long antlers that he had perhaps used against other well built males. Where theres one deer, there is always more, he thought grinning. He wouldnt have to hunt for a week or so if he rashioned it out right.

As he cut into the hide of the animal he noticed the bright, red blood dripping onto the tarp from the deers body. Poor thing, he muttered. We all gotta eat somehow or another. This brought him back to what the creature ate, and he became extra careful not to let the tarp lose any of the blood.

Damn. The boy. Boy. Boy. Boy.

He wasnt sure if the boy would take a deers blood or not, but he seemed like he would take any soon enough, no matter where it came from. He was a very pretty boy. A nightwalker. The old man had known what he was as soon as he saw the eyes. He had perfect, deep blue eyes that drew a person in, surrounded by light and feathery, long lashes. Only a nightwalker would have such eyes, it was one of their many weopans. Beauty. He knew from expierence, it was also a curse. It had probably been a curse to the poor boy, only god knows what he was doing this far up north. An older nightwalker, perhaps, could be seen every once in awhile in these parts, but not one so young. He had found the boy laying, frozen in the snow. He had looked like a pretty ice elf to the man, a dead one. He had assumed as he walked towards the still body that the poor soul was dead, but he was wrong. He had felt around for a pulse or heartbeat, but didnt find one. With a quiet solemness for the dead he had skooped up the smaller body and carried it back to his home, and laid him on his bed. The body had been very cold. Very still. But as he lay him on his bed he noticed the quietness of breath, and slow rising of his chest. That was when the old man had quickly striped him of clothing and started up the hot water to warm him up.

The boy's body, he recalled, was very slender, lean and elegant. Very, very pretty. If the boy were indeed eighteen, he was a very small eighteen year old, yet slightly muscular like one. The old man especially remembered the boy's hands. They were beautiful, with thin spidery fingers that probably moved with delicate grace, and carefulness. His hair was beautiful, soft, shiny, and sleek. It was a very bright blonde that slightly curled and caressed the tips of his eyes. His hair matched his skin, which had been smooth, and perfect, not one blemish. Only an ocean of pale, porclain white. Except for one small freckle under his right eye he had noticed.

The man could not deny it. The boy was the prettiest thing he had ever seen walk the earth. Perhaps the prettiest nightwalker he had seen also. But that was their trick. Beauty. It lured the human mind, and all too human body, using its sexual desires against themselves. And physical envy, to want. Any human who were to come across a nightwalker and not feel an attraction would for sure, not be human at all. Whether it were a male or female nightwalker, or male or female human, they attracted either gender with their divinity. It was a very good strategy, simple, yet complex. Humans love to see physical beauty before them, in their hands. Nightwalkers gave them this. Gave them their beauty, luring them in without lifting a finger.

The boys looks could literally, kill.

--

Author Note: Sorry this chapter is super short, im not sure how long each chapter should be page wise and my style of writing breaks things down more too! Comments are appreciated, so is HONESTY :)

*Also in case some people are wondering what the names of the characters are, youll learn them soon enough:)*

HEHE PLEASE KEEP READING :D I REALLY APPRECIATE IT