An Evening to Remember

Chapter 12  

“No! She can’t be yours.” Corin yelled.

“I can, and I am. No matter how much you feel for her, however much you wish that she was yours she will never be yours. She was created to be my mate; just as I was created to be hers.” Michael yelled back in a deathly serious tone which reeked of power and malevolence.

“Who are you to say that you are the only one for her?” Corin screamed back, red in the face.

“There’s a reason that your masters fear me, boy. You should too.” Everything that was light and happy was completely drained from Michael, and left over was the appearance of a war hardened solider. 

Corin shrunk back, as he should’ve. I could feel the fear radiating off of him, but for some reason Michael’s anger had little effect on me . Granted I could understand where Corin’s fear was coming from. Michael’s anger was not directed at me and made me feel safe for some reason. Still, I couldn’t let Corin be treated like this.

“I would very much appreciate it if you would a. stop talking like I’m not here, and b. stop scaring Corin.” I calmly announced to the room. 

Both of them turned to me; Corin looking a little shocked, while Michael looked strangely proud. Their mouths both opened at the same time. “Mercy, just stay out of this; I’m fine.” “I’m sorry for over stepping my bounds Mercy. I just wish to make it clear how much you mean to me.”

I turned to Corin. Saying something so callous was not like him. If anything he was normally very caring. Maybe it was the stress of having this stranger in the house was making him act different, but I wasn’t particularly fond of it. While on the other hand the man that I didn’t know was acting as a perfect gentleman. 

I gave Corin a look and calmly stated, “I understand that you must be stressed so I feel that it would be best if you went outside and walked around for a while. The fresh air may do you good.” 

He gave me a look that stated his dislike of my suggestion, but he walked straight passed me and outside towards the lake. The door slammed strongly behind him. 

“I’m sorry for his actions. I can’t feel as though they’re my fault.” Michael apologized.

“No don’t apologize. It’s not your fault; he’s just PMSing or something” I said forlornly looking out the window in the direction that he had headed. 

He let out a huff before he spoke, “So do you need help taking your bags up to your room?”

I had forgotten about the shopping trip. Even though I didn’t actually need the help, the smile on his face made me want to spend some more time with him. 

“Yeah come on; I’m up stairs.” 

<><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>