The Blue-Eyed Runaway - Chapter 3

Sorry that it took me so long! I was a little stuck :p But anyway, here is the chapter and I hope you enjoy ;) Btw it's not edited. I'll do it sometime later :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay class, this is the seconds lesson so I expect you to hand in your art piece at the end of the lesson. Finished or not finished.” Okay, time to start my investigation. “Sarah, could I talk to you for a second?”

“Yes!” she said a little too enthusiastic. What does she think I want to talk to her about? Probably that I saw in how beautiful she was and I fell in love with her. No, she isn’t that brainless.

We walked into my little private room at the back of the class. I closed my door and Sarah said, “Have you realised how beautiful I am and fell in love with me?!” Hmm, maybe she is brainless.

“Unfortunately, no,” I said. Her face dropped. “Than what the hell do you want to talk to me about?” she snapped at me. Bipolar much?

“Well, I wanted to ask you about Sam.” Her face cringed when I said her name. “You said she doesn’t have friends. Why is that?”

“How should I know? She’s just a nobody. Why do you even bother asking about her? Do you like her?” She really goes straight to the point, doesn’t she.

“Well, yes. I like all of my students but not in the way you think. I’m just worried. Is there anything about her that seems weird?”

“Her whole being is weird but if I had to choose one thing it would be her eyes. They freak me out.” Hmm, interesting.

“Okay. Thanks for your time.” She stood up but instead of walking out the door she came to me and smashed her lips on mine. I was shocked so I didn’t move for a few seconds but then I pushed her away.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” I screamed at her.

“If I see something I want, I make sure I get it.” I looked at her with big eyes. WEIRDO ALERT! She walked to the door and before she walked out she turned around and gave me an air kiss. I shuddered. I better stay away from her.

***

It’s finally lunch time! Where should I sit? I don’t want to go to the teachers’ lounge because the female teachers keep hitting on me and I could swear that French teacher monsieur Bell was also hitting on me. His hair is all greasy and he has this moustache that wiggles when he talks. He’s also 5 foot 4 and has a low voice. Let me tell you this, no matter how lonely you are, you don’t want to be hit on by him. Anyway where do I sit. I could go to the cafeteria but it’s way too crowdie there for me. Besides, the only reason that it crossed my minds was because I thought Sam would be there, but I couldn’t find her. I guess I’ll just look for a quiet place outside.

I saw a huge cherry blossom tree on the backside of the school. I went to walk there and I stood beneath the tree and wondered why no one was here. It was very peaceful and the tree was in full bloom so it spread an amazing scent. I sat down and got my peanut butter sandwiches out of my bag. God I love peanut butter. It’s like an angel kisses my tongue every time I...

“Hey, Alex.”

“Aaahhhh!!” I screamed. I looked up and saw Sam sitting on a branch above me.

“Jeez Sam, do you have to scare me every time we see each other?”

“I didn’t plan to but now that I see that you scream like a little girl, yes,” she said with a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes.

“What are you doing up there anyway?”

“Eating my lunch,” she answered.

“Do you always eat your lunch here alone?”

“I do. What about you? Are you running from monsieur Bell?”

“I Am. How do you know about that?” She looked away.

“It was a guess,” she said in a hushed tone. How could she guess that? Did he hit on other teachers?

“Anyway, how was it lip locking with Sarah?” she asked with an annoyance added in while still looking the other way. Seriously, how did her parents raise her? If you’re talking to someone, always look at them. Wait what? How did she know about Sarah?!

“How do you know about Sarah?!” I voiced my thoughts. She finally turned around. Her eyes seemed like they were shining again.

“You didn’t answer my question,” she asked.

“What? No! I did NOT enjoy her kiss! Besides, she just jumped on me. She caught me completely off guard. We don’t have anything going on and to be honest, she scares the crap out of me.” She smiled.

“Don’t worry Alex,” she said. Her eyes went back to normal. “I believe you. And don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone.” I sighed in relieve. Wait, why was I so worried about what she thought?

“Alex, watch it. I’m jumping down,” she said.

“No, wait! It’s too high. I’ll catch you,” I said.

“No need. I do this every day, remember?”

“Yes, and one day you’ll break something. So quit whining and, Woah!” she jumped and landed on me. “Well this is a weird situation.” I was on my back and she sat on top of me. She made her hair look like a curtain again but I still saw her blush.

“Not that I hate this position but could you please get of me. The ground is pretty hard.” She quickly got off me. I straightened myself and leaned against the tree. I patted the ground next to me. “Come sit next to me,” I commanded Sam and she obeyed.

I got my peanut butter sandwich again and wanted to take a bite out of it but stopped halfway.

I should’ve brought another sandwich with me.

“Did you say something?” I asked Sam.

“No,” she answered.

“OK.” I saw in my left eye corner that Sam's staring at me. I split the sandwich in half and gave Sam one half. A second later I heard her stomach growl.

“Thanks,” she said a little embarrassed.

“No problem.” After I ate my sandwich I looked Sam in the eyes and they held loneliness in them. I saw my reflection. She sees me and seems to know exactly what I think and somehow I know what she thinks and I have a feeling that she could explain it.

“Do you always eat your lunch alone?” I asked her.

“You already asked that.”

“I know but I mean, don’t you have any friends to eat with?” she shook her head no.

Please don’t ask further!

“What, why?”

“Why what?” she asked. I saw confusion on her face mixed with.. fear? Why do I feel like I shouldn’t push the ‘friends’subject?

 “Why do I know what you’re thinking and how do you know what I’m thinking?” I asked in attempt to feed my curious monster that is growing inside of me. Her eyes widened. She looked away.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she said.

“Stop that. I know you’re lying. You always do when you lie or don’t want to answer me honestly.” She turned her face again but now with anger in her eyes.

“Don’t talk like you know me! You only met me like 3 days ago!”

“Then answer me! I know you know the reason!”

“I know nothing!” She stood up and ready to leave. Before she could, I grabbed her wrist.

“Don’t go, Sam! I didn’t mean to upset you!” She stopped and crouched next to me and looked straight into my eyes.

“All you need to know now is that you are the one,” she said. A second later the bell rang and she walked away.

What the pepper is she talking about?! First I’m her saviour and then “the one”?  The monster within me is growing rapidly.