Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Start

Shoutout to CassandraMontgomery for Jessica's dress, LoveTreachery for Annabelle's, and xxHakunaMatataxx for Lillian's. This chapter is dedicated to laalaau for showing me this beautiful dress that I've decided for Celeste to wear (picture on the side).

“You two look beautiful,” Jazzy complimented, carefully wrapping a portion of Yasmin’s hair around the curling iron.

Because Lucas refused to have any other girl besides Yasmin as his date, he did everything to make sure she was there for prom. She on the other hand was trying to reject his efforts because she was extremely busy with her own school works.

Of course, Lucas Smith doesn’t take no for an answer and even sent a limo at her house which was a six hour drive away from here. Their only deal was Lucas will become her date for her school prom which he easily complied with.

“Don’t you think it’s too much?” Yasmin voiced out, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

“Nonsense,” her sister waved off.

I pinned my curled hair to the side before standing up. I asked Jazzy for some help with my makeup but other than that, I took care of my look for tonight.

“I bet you and Drew will win prom king and queen,” Yasmin teased.

“I don’t think so,” I sighed, grabbing my dress that was hanging on my closet door, “Besides, being king and queen is too troublesome.”

She paused for a moment before a soft smile appeared on her face, “I guess you and Drew are really meant to be together.”

“What do you mean by that?”

She only shook her head in reply and said nothing. My eyebrows scrunched up in question but soon enough, I only shrugged my shoulder and proceeded to take my robe off.

“Done,” Jazzy marveled at her handiwork, placing down the can of hairspray on my vanity.

“Thanks,” Yasmin smiled.

Jazzy turned to me and helped me zip up my dress from the back, “You should have allowed me to do your hair,” she pouted and I let out a small laugh.

It was a little difficult to style it by my own but I managed to do it. I placed it in a half updo with the upper half of my hair pulled up in a bun with the rest falling freely down my back, curling as it ended.

“You really are beautiful, Celeste,” Yasmin admired, walking to her sister’s side, “It’s no mystery why Drew fell for you.”

I blushed then looked down on my silver stilettos, playing with the hem of my dress as I thought of a way to change the subject. Talking why Drew dated me with his ex on prom night isn’t exactly my cup of tea.

Yasmin must have sensed my mood shift so she decided to talk about how painful her travel was here.

A buzz sounded from downstairs which meant somebody was at the lobby.

“Must be one of the boys,” Jazzy said, excusing herself. I sprayed a bit of perfume on myself before offering Yasmin some of my other bottles. She gladly accepted and applied one of the scents to herself.

“Yasmin!” Jazzy called out. So it seems Lucas beat out Drew in getting her first.

Yasmin turned to me, nervousness flashing in her eyes for the briefest moment. I gave her an encouraging smile and a slight push to the door.

“Go make his jaw drop to the floor,” I smiled, handing the mask that she brought, “I’ll see you again at prom.”

She smoothened out the non-existent wrinkles on her dress and placed on the mask, after taking one huge breath, she slowly walked away from my point of view and I collapsed on one of my chairs.