Chapter 8

A/N: Hi. :)

Y'all are awesome. :)

Thanks!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FAN!

READ AWAY!

<3JASON.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8

*Zeke POV*

I calmed down after an hour of driving.

And in that time, I found the path my brother took.

That's one of my special powers. I can find the routes that people take. By foot or by vehicle. But not by planes, helicopters, etc.

It is easiest when looking for humans. I can just sniff something of theirs and a path glows for the direction I need to take. If it is someone close to me, all I have to do is think about them.

But I am not able to find my mate that way. Even though I know what she looks like, I haven't met her face to face. And I don't have anything of hers to sniff her out.

Bringing myself back to the present, I turn down a familiar dirt road following my brothers golden-yellow trail.

The road is familiar because we always take it to get to our safe-house.

I mentally slap my forehead. Of course he would be here! He's stupid enough to think no one would look here.

The idiot, I think, rolling my eyes.

Lightning strikes somewhere in the distance near the location of the safe-house. That's strange, I think to myself. I look out the window. It was sunny just a few minutes ago.

I call him.

He picks up on the second ring. He lets me know that he is in fact at the safe-house.

After another 30 minutes of driving down the dirt road, I pull my car up to the house. I get out and look for my brother's truck, to make sure he didn't leave before I got here.

I chuckle.

It's hard to miss his bright yellow Silverado parked behind two trees.

"Idiot," I mutter aloud, while walking to the front door.

I open the front and hear a noise coming from the side hallway.

Curiously I walk over to it.

He better not be banging some chick in the hallway. I mentally snort. He should at least have to decency to take it to a bedroom.

I turn the corner and my heart stops. The most beautiful creature is being held against the wall. Black hair, pale skin, sexy curves, in the arms of my brother...

That last thought makes me stop in my tracks.

I look at the rest of my surroundings and find Dez holding my mate against the wall, his eyes glowing.

My eyes flash. She does have some of her powers.

My human self recognizes that she is hypnotizing him, but my wolf side... not so much. And although it irritates me that Dez is holding my mate, I understand that it is not his fault.

I do feel a bit annoyed that she is letting someone else hold her and not me. Even though she may have no idea that we are mates. But still.