Chapter 10

“You…bullied?” I said slowly, putting down my cup. Nash grinned lazily at me. “He seriously shoved food down your pants?”

            He shrugged his broad shoulders, and nodded, “In fourth grade, I was scrawny and geeky. Easy target.” I raised my eyebrows. Looking at this handsome boy, I could not see anything remotely scrawny or geeky about him now. I tilted my head to the side, looking him over. He squinted at me, his eyebrows furrowing and he leaned further back onto his bed.

            “Find anything geeky about this beautiful, marvelous, perfect body –” I cut off his cocky rambling.           “Shh,” I smiled slyly, making a dive toward under his bed. My hands latched right onto the object. A giggle escaped my lips and I covered my mouth with a hand. I pulled out my hand from under his bed, and the smirk he had on his lips dropped. “Glasses, huh?” I said shifting them in my hand and grinning cheerfully over at him, “Interesting,” I said slowly.

            His face was pale. My smile dropped.

            “What? What’s wrong?”

            He cleared his throat, snatching the glasses from me and throwing them across the room, “Nothing, it’s your turn,” he said, crossing his arms across his chest. I dropped it, and thought of my next move.

            “Okay,” I said, “Never have I ever cheated on someone.” I waited to see if he took a sip. Don’t take a sip. Don’t turn out to be a cheating jerk. I watched him, and he raised his eyebrows.

            “If I’m in a relationship, I’m faithful,” he said with complete confidence. As if he was reassuring me. That thought alone made butterflies flutter through my stomach in the best way. I hid my smile, and brushed hair away from my face.

            “Never have I ever,” he licked his lips, “skipped school.” He smirked, sure that I hadn’t. I smirked also, and took a huge gulp just to brag, making me cough up some. Nash gave me a disbelieving look.

            “You?” he snorted, “You’d never skip.”

            “Yes I would!” I snapped defensively, which made me snicker, “I did!”

            “Yeah?” he said, rolling his eyes, “And what’d you do?”

He was so sure that I hadn’t done anything wrong. I crossed my arms, and he smiled at me.

            “Don’t pout, Aria,” he mocked me by pouting the same way I was, and I lost my breath for a moment. He looked tempting. His full lips and –

            “So?” he cut off my perverted thoughts making me turn red.

            “I skipped school to go to the mall,” I said triumphantly, “So there.”

            He burst out laughing.

            “What?” I said grumpily. Skipping school to go to the mall was badass! Right? I looked away from him, a bitter frown on my face.

            “You’re so innocent,” he smirked, “It’s cute.”

There he goes again. Setting my face on flames and making my palms sweat. I needed to get rid of these feelings, and soon. They were annoying, not to mention I was the only one feeling them. It was a damn one-sided infatuation. Those never work.

            “Never have I ever been in handcuffs,” I said absentmindedly, not expecting him to take sip. He took a tiny sip, his face embarrassed.