Epilouge

Epilogue

**Five Years Later**

 "Mr. Roche, Mr. Roche...this way please, just one more." Cried the diligent photographers as the bright flashes of light popped every few seconds not far from where I stood with Mr. Bordeaux. After five years of marriage it still gave me a thrill when I am addressed by my married name. It still gave me a thrill and spine tingling joy to know that I was married to Marcus Roche, CEO of Roche Marketing, Multi-Billionaire, a Forbes 500 Business Mogul...but most of all the love of my life. I smiled politely for the cameras and shook numerous hands.

This was the fifth Gallery showing of my paintings. I had, in simple words become a hot commodity ever since my first showing 5 years ago, a short while after my dream wedding on our private island in the Bahamas. It still boggled my mind to say such things. Like our Penthouse Apartment in New York, our Chateau in Paris, and our Villa in my all time favorite in Rome, that Marcus bought for us when I wanted to refine my talent, so I took lessons from some local artists in Italy.

It paid off and now I have to refuse commissions, there was so many of them, and my work was featured everywhere in Greece, London, New York, Paris, and many other artist hubs in many cities. I had a personal assistant for God sakes, and you wouldn't believe how my crazy little Gavy micromanaged my world, from the moment I opened my eyes in the morning, to when I laid my head back down at night. Yes, that's right, Gavin was my PA and I couldn't have chosen anyone better. His love for the arts and his brilliance never failed to amaze me, even when he was hyper and crazy. I loved him to my heart; he was like a little brother to me. We all protected him fiercely. Even more so after he had shared his life story with me. He was fragile, but strong. Way stronger than I ever could be, even after the tragic blows he had overcome. We, especially Damien, made sure he was happy, loved, and indulged with anything and everything his heart desired.

I finally managed to disentangled myself for a minute and I glanced over to where my husband was proudly standing next to one of my paintings, he was explaining the story behind the artwork I painted of a solitary building I captured on canvas. We were traveling to our home in France when we came upon the deserted farm house surrounded by spring flowers. I had made Marcus pull over to stop the car. It was so breathtaking; I knew I was going to paint it. Marcus had let me explore it to my heart's content, never leaving my side. When we came to the back of the farmhouse he had spread out a blanket from the car and ravished me among the bright colorful backdrop of those flowers well into the late afternoon. I blushed at the memory and prayed he edited that part. I have known for years that my husband said whatever he damned well pleased and his so what attitude was bad ass. I found it embarrassing sometimes but I found it extremely sexy none the less.

He looked up and caught my eye, the love and adoration shining out of his molten mercury gaze caused me to shiver and blush again. He blew me a kiss and the people around him smiled when they saw what he was doing. I blew one back to him and just then Gavin grabbed my arm.

"Corey, stop making googly eyes at Marcus, OMG, you guys are an old married couple now, act like it. Sheesh, the honeymoon is over." Gavin teased with a mischievous glint in his eyes telling me that he didn't mean a word he said. "It's time to unveil your latest masterpiece. I am still miffed that you didn't let anyone of us see it before now," He said as he guided me over the raised dais where my latest painting was covered under several spot lights. The few selected photographers and press were already set and up and mingling. Mr. Bordeaux was making last minute checks on lighting and generally entertaining the mass of invitation only guests, plying them with expensive Champagne and delicate hors derves. He smiled and made his way to my side.

"Corey, are you ready I must say that the anticipation is getting the better of me. My personnel told me that the painting was huge, and the dimensions of the display that you wanted sort of peaked my curiosity." He lamented with his French accent giving his words a musical tint.