life's desires

Love. Sex. Betrayal. Jealousy. Death. Drugs. Rape. Fights. Heartbreak. Heartbreakers.

       Promise was your typical badass. She knew what she wanted and always got it, no matter what. All students feared her and all teachers kept their mouths shut. You never wanted to get on her bad side; she spoke her mind, didn’t give a damn what anybody else thought, hated whores, while players are her best friends, and didn’t take shit from no one. Her family was a complete mess, it just went with her messed up life. Making a living by selling drugs and stealing, when it came to it she never lost a fight. She loved the rush of her “perfect” life. So what happens when love appears and she tries to run and it’s the only fight she might lose? What happens when her “perfect” life takes a twist for the worst? With a life like hers can it end with the happiness she deserves?

      Uhg! I hate mornings why do I even bother with school? Oh, so I can have some meaning in my life, almost forgot. Having to come in late after my shift is so tiring. Well let me tell you about myself while I get ready for this hell hole they call school. My name is Promise Gordon I’m 5 5”, I’m 18 and I go to Dillard High School. I speak my mind and I don’t give a damn what anybody thinks. I have caramel colored skin with really light brown colored eyes and I always have the badass look on me. I get in a lot of fights. If a bitch tires to snap, I make sure I put them in their place. I have curves in all the right places and an ass to die for and my hair is a little past my shoulders. Not to be conceited I’m beautiful and I’ll admit that. Putting the finishing touches on my outfit for the day consisting of black skinnies , white off the shoulder top and my lucky leather jacket, the latest cement Jordan’s , my black Jansport book bag and I was off to school on my bike the 2011 Kawasaki ninja. After my 25 minute ride I pulled up to my school and all eyes were already on me. So I took my helmet off, flipped my hair, got off my bike, gave them my sweetest smile and flipped them the bird, see already being generous today. While everyone gawked at me, the boys with the lustful steers and the girls with glares of envy and jealousy, I walked right passed them without a care in world.

     On my way to my locker I see my usual group, let me give you the quick rundown, Ahteona, Alexus, Alton, Nick, Tariq, Corey, Deejay and my closest Danielle. While I’m walking up to them, Alexus already jumps my bones, “bestie I missed you so much!” she said. Me being me I pushed her off and said “Lexi come on I seen you last night, calm down damn bitch the day didn’t even start chill”. Everyone did the usual hugs and chatted up. The bell for first period rung, but we were so into our little talks we barley realized. But when the conversation started to die down I grabbed Tariq and shoved him down to 1st period, knowing we had the same class. I looked over my shoulder and waved a slight goodbye to the others. When we got in our history class , the teacher sent us disapproving looks, turns out its a substitute today (lets see how this works out) , “ seeing as you two are the last on my attendance list, you must be Promise and Tariq hope to see you in detention later” he said with a twang in her voice . Hearing a chuckle to my left I shot a glance at Tariq and his amused look was met by one of my own and I looked back to the dumbass of a sub and said, “how about no. You can do as your fat ass pleases but I actually have a life and I’ll be damned if I’m here longer than I have to be” I said with my usual attitude. Hey not to be mean but the man pissed me off and if you haven’t noticed I’m not a morning person, ill snap on any and everybody until I’ve had my daily bottle water and powdered donuts , which I didn’t received yet. Breaking out of my thoughts at the sound of the red-faced subs voice, “young lady you will show me some respect or I will send you to the principles” he said. Insert eye roll right. About. Here “Same threats I’m so tired of it, Tariqibooboo you ready to leave I’m so hungry” I said “Yea come on babe let me go get you something to eat before you blow that fat ass up” he said with his cute little voice. Oh how much I love him. By the way If you’re wondering NO, were not dating, we have been talking to one another like that sense forever. I grab his hand and strut out the class room with the whole class watching my ass, while the teacher yells something that I could care a rat’s ass about and just flipped him the bird and slammed the door in his face.