Chapter 1: The Alpha Loves Being Secretive (Edited and Altered)

"Remember to keep your head up. And always smile when someone is greeting you. No mumbling or fidgeting, you want people to like you, not laugh at you." My mother chided us as we pulled up to the impressive brick building and stopped right at the covered porch leading up to the school.

From my perch in the back of the gleaming Mercedes my mother had recently purchased, I could see that several students had stopped to stare at the shined chrome and metallic black paint job with wide and excited eyes. Dread poured into my veins as I took in the faces of my new classmates and peers, thinking about my days being stuck inside this hellish place. I was definitely not looking forward to another new school, in another new town and with new people I had to spend my days with.

At least the outside looked decent, I mused to myself as the colorful flowers and perfectly cut lawn lit up the building considerably.

Glancing up into the side-view mirror, I saw the infamous upper half of her first day of school sundress my mother and her picked out just the other day. Costing in the 4 figure range, the sky blue sundress was picked up back home at one of the many boutiques gracing our lovely town. It was long enough to dust over her newly french manicured toes but not long enough to drag on the floor. The neckline wasn't revealing, but the soft scoop and spaghetti straps did reveal enough to show that she did have something to flaunt. Paired up with silver studs, a thin silver chain with the letter C in cursive around her neck, several silver bangles bouncing together on her wrist and matching silver gladiator shoes, Cora dressed to definitely impress at school. Even her platinum blond hair was up in a purposely messy bun to show off every inch of skin possible.

Judging by the stares of some of the guys now walking slowly past the car, Cora would have a nice share of admirers already, guys and girls. I would even bet my newly acquired set of stainless steel kitchen knives that dirt was already being dug up by our gossiping classmates on the pretty little rich girl.

"...of course mom, no kissing any boys." Cora replied cheerfully from the front seat. "It would be bad for my image kissing a low class boy here anyway. It's just not me."