Chapter Thirty-Eight

Readjusting the bridesmaid dress, Anna shifted around and twirled slowly in front of the body length mirror. The dress, like the other six bridesmaids', was strapless, just above knee length, and made out of a vibrant red material that came in at a silver belted waistline and then flared out with bright red tulle.

She took one last turn in her silver high heels. With her hair looking sleek and done up in an intricately braided bun, she had to admit that she did look pretty good. The dress fit just right in every area, and even managed to contain her breasts and hide a little bit of her pregnant belly.

“You look absolutely stunning, Anna. All of you do,” Jane said from where she was standing in front of the other mirror, Titus's mother right behind her and fixing the bride's elegant dress.

Strapless and made of a material that looked soft as silk, Jane's wedding dress certainly was something to look at, especially on her slim waist. Her hair was done up just like her bridesmaids, her face looking impeccable after having been made up by the stylist. Simply put, Jane was a beautiful bride, and Tobias was one lucky man.

“I love the name Ella,” Tina said for what was literally the tenth time, a few pins in her mouth as she did something with the back. “It's such a beautiful name, isn't it?”

“Thank you,” Anna finally said to Jane before standing in line next to all the bridesmaids.

Katrina, Karen, Sherri, Lisa, Dakota, and little Callie all smiled at her kindly and talked with her all about her pregnancy once again, throwing a few hints here and there at Jane about just what she should name her and Tobias's son or daughter.

“If you must know,” the wife-to-be interrupted all their raucous teasing, “we're naming our first son Tawson.”

“You are?” The Cantrell mother's eyes glowed with fresh tears.

“If that's okay with you.” Jane smiled hopefully at her mother-in-law.

Anna watched as Tina pulled her in for a hug before regaining her motherly composure and walking out with a quick wave. Toying around with the shiny, red satin bow that was edged in silver and wrapped around the bouquet of white roses, she stared nervously ahead and waited.

The organ music came on, and they began walking, all in one straight line with Jane at the very end. In the parish hall, the red carpeting absorbed the sound of silver heels clicking against its surface, glass windows the only thing separating the bridal party and groomsmen from the large church that was packed with well-dressed people.

She looked over to where Titus was standing right behind his other brothers and couldn't stop herself from admiring the impeccably dressed man. His tuxedo, the very same one he had worn on their own wedding, was a clean black, was filled out very well by his broad shoulders and toned legs. The bright red tie that was the exact same of the dresses and bouquets and starkly contrasted with the black of the tux.

As he made easy conversation, his lips quirked, and his eyes crinkled at the corners in a stunning smile. His hands were folded neatly in front of him, and his foot tapped on the red carpeting, a nervous gesture that she knew came from the fact they would be in front of a very large crowd soon.

As if sensing her semi-intense scrutiny of him, Titus turned his head and met her gazed head-on with his own set of blues. He gave her a small smile that had the scar at the corner of his mouth stretching more than usual and then winked. She winked right back, trying as best she could to not ruin the make up that had taken so long for the stylist to finish up.

This time, when the organ music switched over to a new tune, the parish hall doors opened, and the wedding planner all but shoved her into the large church. As soon as she was in the center aisle, Titus came up right beside her, linking their arms together in an easy movement that made her feel a bit warmer despite the chilled temperature of the church.