What lies beyond-Ch 26

''Calm down, You panicking won't do us any good.''

"I have to see her,Thor!'' I walked frantically around. ducking and dodging. A felt a heavy hand on my shoulder and growled, causing it to hesitate. ''You must know, You must know where she is, Where is the nursery where they are keeping her? Tell me.'' Thor rolled his eyes and nodded in defeat. He did a scan around before turning back to me. ''Hurry,'' He started ''we don't have much time.'' I felt my almost dead heart flutter with a quiet excitement as I followed him. He knocked on the Nursery door before opening it. ''Aorabelle, Are you in here?'' Silence, Utter silence until...''... Thor? is that you?'' I froze. Thor smiled warmly.

''Yes, and just so you're sure, You take an odd liking to flowers, roses especially.'' There was a somewhat relieved sigh. ''I believe you.'' she giggled. ''Where are you?'' I called. There was silence But the door of a closet opened and out she popped. She had barely one foot out before she saw me. but her eyes lit up light the bifrost and she nearly toppled out to get to me. ''Loki!'' she cried I rushed to her and caught her, Immediately wiping her tears and kissing her. It was this moment I had been waiting for all this time. Thor, The aether, The dark elves, They all seemed to fade away at this point. 

I eventually pulled away to gaze at Aorabelle's Growth, I could feel her motherly glow from the small distance between us. ''A boy.'' She whispered proudly. I chuckled and rubbed her stomach, ''Of course It is.'' I replied and  cupped her face again. After a moment, I'm assuming  our heated embrace was beginning to be too much for Thor. And He cleared his throat. ''We have something to do...?'' Her green orbs widened in pain as she held me tightly. ''You're leaving me? No!'' She cried and more tears came spilling down her face. ''You can't.'' She mumbled in between winces. ''It's too soon, I just got you back.'' She whispered. Got me back? ''I'll be back sooner than you think.'' I promised and held her hand to my cheek. She bit her lip and sighed heavily, Dramatically and out of frustration. But nodded.

 "Good girl.'' I whispered before I made her lie down on the bed.  she started to breath evenly. ''Please,Eir. Get her.'' She cried. I coudn't comprehend and then she winced again. Her eyes went very wide and she cried out. ''Aorabelle, What's the matter with you?!'' I knelt by her side and grabbed her hand. ''I can't.'' ''Yes, You can.'' I murmured. "You were always able to.''

She shook her head and ran her fingers through my hair. ''Eir.'' She whispered again. I held her hand tightly and Thor grunted. ''Alright,'' I tore away from my lover and turned to Him. ''Let's Go.'' I said through clenched teeth. Don't worry, Aorabelle. I'll return to you,soon. I swear it on my life.

I stared at the ceiling for as long as I could. Waiting. Eir prepared a bath for me. but, When I tried to sit up, I discovered that I couldn't He didn't want me to. It ripped through me, Like a surge of pain from stubbing your toe, except it was in my abdomen. oh,No. I Called for Eir and held my stomach in pain. Eir drew the curtains and sat me up in a way that made things more comfortable. ''What's the matter, What's happening to him?!'' I asked, Panicked. Eir, being the fair woman that she was, Smiled simply and tilted my head up. ''He's coming.'' She murmured. I felt so stupid. I blushed and focused on my breathing. You're alright. You're Okay. I thought. I groaned. The pain was all to much. I knew that I wasn't handling it well. 

''Just relax.'' Eir prompted. She put a cool towel on my head and positioned me another way. ''That's it. Now....'' I felt Eir rub something on my stomach and prepared me. ''Now, take a deep breath and on my go, I want you to push.'' I nodded I was i way too much pain to verbally respond, It was too silent out. I couldn't hear anything aside from my own, panicked breathing. ''Okay 1... 2... Push!''  I followed her instructions carefully, though I was pretty sure I wasn't being gentle about it. I could now only hear Eir's voice faintly. For a while. I didn't hear anything. I sort of just drowned her out. 

But. That's All I needed for a while; the silence. Because It Had broken the sound Barrier, His cries, Nari's.