Perhaps because it was because I didn't really have friends. More like I had a friend. Hence, the singular, not plural.

It's not that I was weird, or anti-social or anything, I just didn't.. well, get along with others greatly. I didn't even get along with my own pack.

But like that was no surprise. My dad wasn't in a high place like other kids parents. He was just.. A lap dog, I guess. What I mean by "lap dog" is that if the pack wanted, they could kick him--us-- out so easily. We were no importance of them. My dad just worked in the forest, cutting wood. Supplying them to other members of the pack and obeying any orders from the Alpha.

But he wasn't always like that. My dad use to be a soldier for the pack. Sure, that wasn't top rank, but he helped keep the pack safe. And that was far more honourable than being some lap dog. No one really knew what made him stop doing it. But I knew why.

My mom.

The moment she died, everything about him changed. He stopped taking risk. Stopped laughing. Stopped talking. Stopped everything. He just.. shut off. Although, who wouldn't? She was his mate. The other half of him. And he was doomed to this world to live without her. And everything I did, to my laugh, to my brown hair and blue eyes, reminded him so much of her. For a while, he couldn't look at me without bursting out into some kinda fit.

I didn't know how to deal with it for a while. I was only twelve, and I couldn't fully grasp what was happening. Why my mom wasn't coming home at night, why she wasn't tucking me in, or making us dinner. When my dad explained, I didn't cry. I wasn't really sure what to feel. Then again, I never could decide what to feel. I really wasn't one to cry. Maybe because crying was so foreign to me. I wasn't use to it. I was use to smiling. It all changed that night.

As I laid in bed, thinking back to what he said about my mom never coming home, I cried. I buried my head into a pillow and cried. I cried for her. I cried because I wanted her back so badly.

It never brought her back. The pleading, the crying. Nothing. That's when I discovered crying wasn't worth it.

Once my dad lost that position of fighting for the pack, my friends seemed to drop me. I guess because they all realized their parents were in much higher places. It didn't hurt till it came down to Adam. The Alpha's son.

We were child hood friends for as long as I could remember. And him suddenly just not wanting to be my friend anymore, just made me.. I don't know. Blame my father. Blame him for making me suffer more then I needed to. I'd lost not only my mom, but my friends.

And it just got much more worst when we got older. Of course I tried to make peace with them, but each time I even hung around them, they expected me to be like my father. To follow their commands. Which I certainly wasn't going to do.

Now I could see why people went rogue. Because they were tired of taking shit from the Alpha.

I shake my head as if to rid myself of the annoying thoughts.

"What's up with you?" I felt a hand touch my shoulder, it causes me to jump and swiftly turn, ready to punch whoever it is in the face when I realize it's just Anna. That one friend I was talking about earlier.

"Someone's jumpy," She says and eyes my raised fist.

I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding and close my locker. "Well, yeah. Who wouldn't be when people just come out of no where?"

"But I didn't come out of no where," She states as she begins to walk. "I was behind you for like, two minutes. What's got you lost in thought?"

I sigh and fall into step beside her and begin to tell her about how Mr. Matthews was all over my ass in six period, she just nods and agrees that he's horrible. Then Anna goes on to explain how she tried to talk to this cute boy from her Math class, and how when she asked him if he wanted to study for the up coming exam, In result, he told her he was gay.

I laugh at that, which causes Anna to smack me in my arm. "Ronnie! It's not funny! What if he really isn't gay? What if he just told me that because he thinks I'm ugly or something?"

I quickly shake my head at that. I know it's not true because Anna surely isn't ugly with her long blonde hair and her deep brown eyes. I didn't understand why she didn't have a boyfriend, or why she wasn't in the whole popular crowd.

I guess because the whole popular crowd consisted of werewolves. Anna wasn't one, so of course she couldn't be apart of it.

Yeah, that was the only difference between us. I was a werewolf while she was.. Normal. Something I had never experienced.

I practically told Anna everything. Well, close to everything. I couldn't tell her I was a werewolf, that'd be breaking a pack law.

But sometimes I wish I could. I think I even almost told her once. Thankfully, I bit my tongue before I could say anything more.

"Ronnie? Are you paying attention?" Anna asks, bringing me out of my trance.

"Um, yeah." I nod, pulling my bag closer to my body as I exit the school with her by my side. "Asked a guy out for studying. He told you he was gay. You think you're ugly. See? I'm listening."

She laughs slightly, and turns her head to look in the direction of my pack. She always seems to have a habit of doing that. Maybe because she yearns to hang out with them, instead of me.

I can see the frown etch at the curve of her lips as she stares. "Why do they have to be so perfect?" She mummers, probably thinking I don't catch it. If only she knew.

"They're not perfect," I object, stopping to get a better look at them. It's Adam, the Alpha's son, who catches me staring. Well, catches me and Anna. "They're probably stuck up snobs."

"Yeah," She nods. "But come on! Look at Adam Beckett. He's like.. a God."

I snort, "A God? Really?"

Sure, Adam's cute. But he's no God. In my eyes, at least. In others, I see where they're coming from. Adam wasn't like all the other boys in school. Maybe it's because he wasn't a boy, but a man with shaggy blonde hair, alluring hazel eyes, and a strong, lean, fit body. I know it's rather cliche to say this, but every girl really did want to be with him and every boy, wanted to be him.

I didn't know if it was his parents that he got his extremely good looks from, or his werewolf trait.

He seems to catch my gaze. For a while, we stare at each other. I'm trying to decipher what lays under those hazel of his. What is he thinking at this moment? I was never one good to read Adam. Even when we were the closets of friends. Maybe it's because when I look at him, I still see the little boy I use to play at the lake with. The clueless, kind, one.

Anna nudges me, causing me to pull my gaze away from him to her. "He's staring at you. You think he likes you? He has this dreamy look on his face, you know?"

No Anna, I don't know, I think warily. And shake my head. Like the Alpha's son would ever want something to do with me.

.. Boy was I wrong or what?

----------------

Another new story! :D And a werewolf one at that. This idea has been brewing in my mind for so long and finally, I got it down on paper. Or whatever. But I hope you like it. (:

Make sure to comment, vote, and fan. Because that's what's gonna encourage me to write another chapter of this!

- CeCe.