Ascend The Path

Unknown P.O.V

It was the time before humans ever lived on Earth. Before they trashed the Earth. It was the time when nature was really alive. Here plants were humans and they walked and talked and kept the planet alive. They were called Nearise (near-rise). And this is Ivy Medow's story.

Ivy Medow glanced over her shoulder to see if anyone was following her, she saw nothing but continued on as she trudged up the hill in the cold fierce rain. She got up to a big williow tree when she stopped and saw the carvings in the tree. She looked closer to find that they were carved into the bark of the tree never to cover up the words. She lifted her hand and ran her fingers on top of the carved words.

Sap slowly trickled from the tree's wound. The sap went down her fingers to the palm of her hand. She clenched her fist and when she opened it the sap was gone, as it's sticky self was never there in the first place.

She stepped forward as if she was about to hug the tree but instead of running into the tree she dissapered into the tree. The tree shock at the contact then settled. Slowly starting from the bottom ivy grew up and around the tree untill it got to the top were it stopped. Unlike regular ivy this ivy grew green blue flowers from the vine it self. The blue was the same color as Ivy's sad looking eyes.

Before Ivy went into the tree she dropped a blue butterfly hair pin on the ground. The hair pin quivered as if it was shaking from the loss of its owner. The same blue flowers grew around the pin just like the ones that sprouted from the ivy vines.

Ivy would come back from the tree. But, she wouldn't come back untill the world changed drastically. The Earth being ripped apart and it's animal species hunted to extenction. That is the world Ivy will come into, one that will need her to survive. She can either choose to help or get revenge on all of those of her friends that were killed by the humans along with all the species they killed. Ivy Medow is the humans gate way to either life or death.