( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 17: Visitor

Chapter 17:

~~~

The light past the thick glass inside and seep through the black and white curtains of my room greeting a simple 'It's morning. Get your ass out of the bed and start being a productive citizen of your country!' as the warm rays reach my closed eyes. I slowly stirred to the other side of the bed and covered my face with the nearest pillow I had my hand on. I could faintly hear some clinking sound coming from outside the room but I was too lazy to check what's happening and stay in bed for a few more minutes.

When I decided to get up, my senses told me that it was near 11 o'clock just the same time I always wake up every Saturday when I don't have my part-time. I called the owner of the kindergarten I work for, a family friend, yesterday and told her that I will not be able to go to work with a made up reason and her believed it so I got a day-off today. Seriously, how can you even imagine me running around with the kids with a sprain ankle?

I slowly swing my leg on the edge of the bed and flinch a little when I felt a sudden sting on my right ankle. The fight from yesterday flashback to be and I felt a sudden pain in my head and also my body. I placed a hand on my head as I fight the dizziness. Maybe it was because of the repeated pulling of my hair yesterday that cause me to feel this. I heard my door click and someone suddenly came in shouting.

"GOOD MOOORNING, SUNSHINE!" a familiar female voice rang my ears and because my head was throbbing, it kinda added more pain so I grabbed the nearest pillow to me and threw it with force towards the person to shut her up.

"Seriously, Ela-san? Can't you keep that voice of yours down? So noisy in an early morning," I groaned at my cousin. "Is that really how you greet back? By throwing pillows at a person's face?! And practically, Kino-chan. It's not early in the morning anymore," she stuck her tongue at me, "It's almost 11 am."

I grabbed another pillow and threw it at her again. "I don't care, it's still early for me," I reasoned. "So mean~! By the way, what happen to you? What's with the scratches all over your arms, legs, even your face?!" she looked alarmed.

"I got into a fight," I answered as she neared me and accidentally moved to close to move my injured foot. I groaned and pushed Ela a little backward, away from me. She apologized immediately as I try to ignore the painful sting on my foot. "Damn, Ela-san!" I gave out a cry.

"Oops. Sorry..." she smiled apologetically at me, I know she didn't mean it but still, It hurts! "You are seriously an accident prone girl," I mutter with no real bite. "Wow, said the girl who got into a fight. Oh by the way, I'll be going somewhere today," she said.

"Yeah, whatever. Wait, how did you get in?! I'm really starting to think twice if you're a part-time burgral or something, you know? And why are you here?" I question. She placed her hand inside her pocket and took out a key, "Spare key," she said. "And I wasn't even informed," I rolled my eyes. She helped me stand up, guide me to the wash room for my morning routine and for fixing my bed hair before helping me walk towards the dinning room where she cooked our breakfast. There, she explained that they had this early christmas break so she decided to visit me again.

~~~

I finished my breakfast which is an American breakfast because Ela lived in America longer than me, she's more used in American dishes than Japanese ones. I excused myself to her to take a bath and slowly made my way to my room with the support of the walls. I enter the bathroom located inside my room and I slowly lift my shirt midway my upper body while facing the mirror. 

I groaned at the large bluish-violet mark on the end part of my left ribs. 'So that's why it's been hurting earlier?' I remembered the part in the fight wear in Kahara kick me on my side, now this was it's effect.