Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Son of a bitch, that hurt.

I had no idea where I was. I just felt numb now. The pain of Epimetheus's attack had faded away and I felt myself go numb. I wasn't sure where I was laying now. It felt like a cold marble floor. I thought for a second, maybe, just maybe I had somehow managed to survive Epimetheus's attack, until I opened my eyes and found myself laying in the middle of the floor of a really nice throne room.

It was white and prestine with gold drapes lining the hexagon shaped room. There were three doors, all gone and ancient designed with beautiful Biblical scenes, save for the door handles that were shaped like skulls. The center of the room was a large pentacle with a lightening strike cutting through the center, with ancient lettering running the length of it, all of this done in gold on the white marble floor. I tilted my head to the other side and found myself looking a very nice warm looking white throne with the same inverted pentacle behind it, the same lightening bolt cutting across it and the same ancient lettering. The throne was made of white marble with soft white feather pillows cushioning whoever had the right to sit there.

A second later, there was a warm feeling spreading through the room. A warm caress of sunlight on my cheek and I sighed at the sensation. I blinked, and one second I was laying on the floor, the next I was standing up and facing Lucifer.

Lucifer, the lord of Hell, was nothing like Google showed him. He wasn't a horned devil beast with a fork tongue and tail carrying a pitchfork. No, Lucifer was a fallen angel of God, and unbelievably handsome.

Incredibly tall with long wavy gold hair that he had tied into a loose ponytail over his shoulder, and eyes as blue as the sky on a clear summer's day. He wore a white leather jacket that clipped shut at the throat and zipped the rest of the way, matching his white leather pants and the white cloak that fell from its pinned places on his shoulders. The sight of him stole my breath away.

"Akin," He greeted, his ancient accent thick and lyrical, "It has been far too long since we've last seen each other." I blinked a few times.

"Oh. So I don't get into heaven?" I asked. Lucifer smiled sadly as he approached me. Part of me wanted to move away from him, but my body didn't allow it. He reached out to brush his knuckles against my cheek.

"And for that, I am very sorry, child. God only allows man into his haven, not demon. It is here where you will spend your afterlife." He told me gently, lowering his hand to his side. I flinched, pain cutting through me at the thought. I had already know where I would end up, to be honest. My particular lineage was of the Christian belief. My place was in Hell, and yet, my heart longed to go back to the Greek underworld. I wanted to be able to see Hannibal... But even then, I wouldn't be able to because Hannibal would be arrested and my soul would be plopped into the Fields of Asphodel where I would only have my memories of him to keep me company.

I wanted to cry at the loss, and my obscene stupidity. Hannibal was immortal. He could have survived that stab to the chest, but I couldn't bear the thought of having him hurt because of me, not again. Now I'd made it even worse by letting myself get killed.

"Ssh," Lucifer said softly, reaching out to cup my cheek, using his thumb to wipe a tear away, "Don't cry, young Akin. You won't be here for long." I looked at him in confusion.

"Did you miss the part where I got stabbed?" I asked, sniffling. Lucifer broke into a smile at that and stroked my cheek before lowering his hand.

"You didn't die under normal circumstances. You died in an attempt to save your lover. The Titan Hannibal. That kind of sacrifice must be rewarded." He answered. I stared at him in disbelief.